CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Fire and Security Engineer to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive experienced technical solution for Fire & Security across the client’s campus. The role will establish procedures for testing and maintaining the various fire safety systems on site, which includes the cause and effect for the buildings.
• Ensuring the campus fire Cause & Effect strategy is tested in line with BS and client standards.
• Provide technical support to planned and responsive maintenance of fire and security equipment including all systems under the remit of fire and security; including but not limited to VESDA aspiration systems, Gas suppression systems, Foam suppression systems, smoke extract systems, FireTrace, fire lifts, CCTV and access control
• Create procedures for completing C&E testing, considering how the testing is managed (resource, planning and stakeholder engagement) with minimal interruption to business as usual
• Lead or support root cause analysis for system or equipment issues
• Support the site fire incident manager or security team with incident investigations
• Provide technical design support to projects and lead commissioning activities
• Provide technical support to fire and security connected electrical or mechanical equipment, systems and subsystems from simple to moderately complex smoke clearance
• To be part of an out of hours technical support team providing support by way of phone and or site visit within an assigned rota
• Provide technical advice, guidance or training to other staff and customers on fire and security systems
• Maintain knowledge of client engineering guides
• Previous experience of maintaining large fire and security systems
• Good understanding of HVAC ventilation systems and the role they play in smoke extract
• Working knowledge of relevant standards BS 5839, BS 6266, BS 15004
• Good working knowledge and understand of the GENT fire systems and Honeywell EBI/DVM platforms
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering Background
• Good verbal communication skills with written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure
• Able to make sound decisions when needed
• Physically fit; able to ascend and descend vertical access equip; able to work at heights and on roofs
• A Strong team player, able to work with CBRE and client’s staff, while having the confidence and ability to work independently when required
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.