Financial Ops Supervisor
Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 3-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Job Summary :
Coordinates and supervises completion of a variety of real estate accounting transactions including vendor invoice processing, 1099 and tax processing, lease administration and cash receipt applications and collections. Oversees requirements for staff's assigned work and ensures consistent, accurate and timely reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Coordinates and leads staffing transitions to include assigning workloads, determining knowledge transfer protocol, and ensuring adequate coverage of internal and external deliverables during the transition.
- Resolves and responds to escalated issues and requests from financial reporting teams, including answering questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Organizes and supervises the work and performance of staff responsible for processing financial operations functions. Collaborates with Manager to establish performance objectives for department staff and monitors and reports on accomplishments.
- Establishes internal work controls to monitor and review staff work product for accuracy and timely processing to safeguard the assets of our clients and uphold the organization's fiduciary responsibility.
- Develops and implements spreadsheet or system generated reports used to track transactional activity, process/procedure manuals, and error resolution logs to determine focus areas of training for staff. Monitors the security of financial information, equipment, and supplies.
- Develops and conducts applicable team trainings for the financial operations team.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues related to internal and external processes and recommends and partners with management to implement process improvements by utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities :
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Accountancy or Finance. Minimum of four years experience in administrative or financial operations support; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous supervisory experience and CPA preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret business documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, and/or public groups. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Must work well under pressure with proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences. Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.
- Willing to be assigned at Buendia, Makati