Job Title: Financial Accountant
Division: Data Center Solutions
Reports to: Regional Finance Director (APAC), Data Center Solutions
CBRE Data Centre Solutions (DCS) is the world's leading full service data centre services partner. We deliver superior uptime, innovation and intelligence for leading organisations worldwide. Our offering encompasses global strategy consulting, acquisition and disposal, project management and facilities management services. As an employer of choice we invest heavily in our people offering industry-leading training and a dynamic working environment.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Financial Accountant for Asia Pacific to join the Data Center Solutions division of CBRE Global Workplace Solutions. This will be a regional role covering countries across Asia Pacific. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for managing complex accounting activities associated with maintaining the general ledger and the production of various resultant financial statements.
- Participates in complex general accounting projects.
- Administers approved accounting policies & practices to ensure that financial & operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business & provide reliable information necessary to control the operations.
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
- Responsible for supervision of general and sub ledger maintenance and preparation of operation and financial statements.
- Ensures that systems are in compliance to acceptable accounting practices and applicable regulations.
- Assists with audit procedures
- Maintains accounting processes and procedures which comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, SEC requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting and/or any relevant field
- Qualified accountant with 5 or more years of experience
- Experience in GL in a similar capacity, knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards (FASB), theories, & practices.