Finance & Contract Support Manager, Bristol - Data Centre Solutions
The main purpose of the job will be to lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial strategy, controls and management information for the Business Unit. Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage.
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit
• Continually review, maintain and improve billing, debt, work in progress, purchase orders and ledger postings against Plan, forecast, prior year, Divisional and Company results and trends
• Identify and resolve any areas of financial weakness within the Business Unit in a timely manner
• Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
• Continually update the accounting system user information to ensure the integrity of its financial data
• Provide information and resolve issues raised by both external and internal auditors
• Prepare accurate Business Unit reports in line with strict monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, and detailed Project Profitability reporting.
• Collate challenging, realistic, rolling, three-monthly Profit & Loss forecasts together with annual expectations based on the latest available management information
• Prepare annual Business Unit plan in conjunction with the BU director and contract management
• Prepare cost-benefit reports and pro-active analytical works to facilitate continuous improvement of Business Unit performance
• Any other reporting as requested by Business Unit or Divisional Management
Manage and develop contract support team
• Recruit appropriate contract support who are trained to the correct performance standards
• Induct new contract support in line with the induction process
• Ensure the scope of the contract support role is correct and understood
• Ensure contract support adhere to company policies and procedures
• Ensure contract support are trained on the business systems applicable to the role (e.g. Dynamics AX, Excel, Concept)
• Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans
• Measure against defined KPIs
• Create “buddy” systems where applicable for mentoring
• Hold regular team meetings with all contract support so that consistency, best practice and ideas are shared across the team
• Identify key stakeholders, including the central finance team, prioritise their needs and review on a monthly basis
• Ensure Business Unit issues and solutions are identified promptly, communicated to the appropriate level and resolution monitored via the CBRE monthly contract and business unit review process
• Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on underperforming contracts
• Provide financial and contract support leadership and direction in the Business Unit. This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge
• Use specialist knowledge and experience to provide insight and influence to impact performance standards
• Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of staff
• Fully comprehend the financial and commercial detail of contracts to ensure optimal performance and risk management
• Visit sites, meet customers and communicate with Business Unit line managers
• Share knowledge and best practice across the company
• Train non-finance staff in use of financial systems ensuring complete, consistent and accurate financial statements
• Act as a specialist partner to the Business Unit Director to both advise and challenge senior management on performance
Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
• The successful person will be either a fully or part qualified Chartered Accountant.
• Strong management accounting and analytical skills are essential to the position together with a working knowledge of statutory reporting.
• The person should also be comfortable working on an integrated accounts package together with detailed knowledge of core office systems – particularly MS Excel.
• The person should have the skills to manage and develop the contract support team.