To lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial operations, controls and management information for the Contract.
Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage alongside financial and contract support leadership and direction in the Contract. Act as a point of liaison for Finance and Commercial issues for the Client and Contract team.
This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge. Use specialist skills and experience to provide insight and influence in order to impact performance standards. Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of the team. Act as a business partner to the Alliance Director to both advise and challenge senior management on contract performance.
• Developing high quality and effective Client relationships especially across the account.
• Build good working relationship with account management and key client’s members and be a business partner for both.
• Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately accounted for.
• Prepare accurate Contract reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts and annual plans.
• Support any GWS transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results.
• Provide best in class Management Information to both Client and GWS management to include Actuals v Budget.
Contract and Finance Management
• Continually review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information.
• Drive high quality financial / commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in EMEA and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices.
• Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure Client and GWS financial savings targets are maximized.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Contract.
• Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP are in line with GWS policy.
• Manage the integrity of data in Client reporting and GWS systems.
• Assist in delivering best in class GWS and Client management information including annual budgets (balance sheet and cash flow plans), monthly management accounts and forecasts including Profit and Loss variance and Balance Sheet commentaries.
• Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary.
• Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, reviewed and maintained in ART.
• Recruit, induct, manage, target, motive and develop the team.
• Review and advise on resourcing gaps.
• Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level or degree (or equivalent)
Highly computer literate
Ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery
IT Skills to achieve key tasks and give the business a sound reporting base
Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills
Capable of working in a matrix environment
Formal training in the use of Excel Word and presentation software packages
Understands the requirements of operating in a cross border multiservice line environment.
Worked in a complex multinational with hands on experience of managing teams in continental Europe (applicable for Global Accounts)
Track record of achieving results through others
Proven commercial acumen and ability to contribute to decision-making
Management skills to maximise the performance of staff working directly for them and others
Previous experience of a service industry role using operating systems such as Dynamics AX
Dealt with GMP, Cost plus and Fixed price commercial models
Involved in acquisitions, including the integration of new businesses