CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Finance Process Manager to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and leading the design of processes to support the Finance organization within CBRE.
• Review process sequences, interactions, decision points, and roles as presented by their team and assesses the feasibility of those processes
• Evaluate and propose process improvements (Waste elimination, Automation, RPA, Centralization near/offshore) and/or engineers new processes from the ground up
• Review the quality of work, proposed process improvements and considers process problems as presented by their team whilst providing feedback and advise next steps accordingly
• Work with process users to identify issues or pain-points. Conducts detailed research via stakeholder meetings to identify where process improvements can be made
• Define and manages interfaces with other processes ensuring interdependencies and other factors are thoughtfully aligned
• Communicate process changes to the process users
• Communicate input requirements to internal suppliers
• Meet process output requirements of internal customers
• Monitor, measure, analyze and evaluate processes after implementation and/or in current state of execution
• Act as the application owner for financial systems in scope (as needed)
• Owner of application provisioning and de-provisioning for applications in scope (as needed)
• Identify process documentation/writing needs; communicates these needs to the Sr Manager and/or Director effectively
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Finance, IT, or a related field of study with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience (Master's degree preferred)
• Experience with project scope development, programming, conceptual design, and financial regulatory compliance a plus
• Ability to apply excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately explain/report activity
• Computing knowledge including Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Visio
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects
• In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles with ability to calculate complex figures, forecast and prepare budgets
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred)
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.