As the Financial Manager, you will need to liaise with respective Regional Finance leadership and allocated finance staffs as the matrix organization develops. Contribute to the effective overall development and delivery of the annual budgets and strategic plans for the account including contract retention and growth. Provide leadership and direction for the commercial team on account plus financial support. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Ensure company internal controls, policies and procedures are adhered to. Monitor performance against plans, working closely with operational management to develop and improve business operations and procedures that comply with business principles and provide sound financial advise to the Account Leads and operations team on the client account, whilst supporting the account leadership on all commercial issues arising including an overview of respective controls to monitor the contract performance
Run the Business
- Timely month end financial reports are produced and review content to ensure accurate latest estimate forecasting is defined to eliminate a ‘no shocks’ environment. Maintain robust controls to ensure each Account team complies with SOX requirements. Set up a mechanism to review balance sheet reconciliations with respective Regional Leadership. Oversee how TWC is managed with particular focus on reducing UBR and driving down receivables. Set up periodic account reviews with senior management to ensure correct representation in the account central books.
Improve the Business
- Support new business growth and provide financial leadership on contract re-tenders. Ensure sharing of best practice to drive financial and commercial excellence across accounts to drive ROS improvements. Support all central transformation activities including IT system migrations.
- Ensure high quality and consistent financial support to internal and external clients. Develop financial trending data using the data teams and LSS SMEs to support client decision making and multi-year planning cycle. Attend and participate in Quarterly reviews with the GAD, clients and other key stakeholders. Ensure monthly reports and commentary on variance analysis and latest estimates to plan are tracked and recorded
Performance Management, Training & Development
- Support the develop of the best talent in the finance teams to achieve success for our customers, our business and our teams. Provide strong lines of communication throughout the finance teams and establish regular meetings with finance leads
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified or qualified by extensive demonstrable experience
- Proven track record of operational and commercial performance improvements
- Experience of operating at all levels in a complex business
- Previous line manager experience
- Ability to take ownership and deliver in a dynamic pressurized environment
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and ability to manage upwards
- Drive accountability – Ability to establish clear, measurable goals, taking ownership of responsibilities and commitments to those goals and moving others to responsibility for their goals
- Financial knowledge - Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Leads and engages others – Drives engagement by creating opportunities for growth
- Demonstrates integrity – Acts consistent with what he/she says and believes in line with ethical standards
- Shows respect for others – Ability to understand, value and navigate different perspectives and modify own views
- Communicates and influences – Ability to convince, influence or persuade others to gains support for own agenda across the organization
- Customer focused – Ability to help and serve others, to meet their needs.
- Results oriented – Ability to achieve business goals, with a concern for working well, surpassing standards of excellence and passion for challenges.
- Analytical Thinker – Ability to analyze complex problems and provide simplified solutions for fast and effective decisions
- Demonstrates professional experience – Ability to share proven professional experience effectively with others to advise them.
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning. Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Strong work ethic and adaptable.