The Account Finance Lead is a client-facing position, fully accountable and to a degree responsible for all CBRE financial matters internally, as well as the production of all financial deliverables to the customer externally. It involves the management of a finance team, dedicated to the account.
This is a key business partner role part of the team, dedicated to a client/account.
This position is integral to the regional and international leadership of the Account. It requires significant coordination and partnership across several verticals, functions and geographies, both on client side and CBRE’s
The Account Finance Lead is to provide leadership and decision-making support, helping to deliver on joint objectives, such as: financial stewardship & performance, management reporting, contract management, technology deployment, resource planning, commercial business cases and the management of client and business outcomes.
• Drive financial performance throughout the business
• Hold key relationship with Client’s stakeholders
• Ensure reporting consistency, accuracy and integrity for both internal and external deliverables
• Ensure full compliance with SOX control requirements within CBRE.
• Manage the Finance team through the CBRE month-end, P2P, O2C and all financial processes
• Support Commercial Director, Account Lead and Regional Operations Leads with high quality financial information.
• Be the sounding board to the business leads for all commercial and operational matters
• Draw upon CBRE best practice where appropriate. Build network with Subject-Matter Experts within the Client organisation and CBRE to ensure awareness of wider initiatives.
• Act as first point of contact for all CBRE Regional finance related initiatives.
• Ad hoc reporting and duties when required
CBRE corporate finance function:
• Take ownership of all accounting & financial matters on the account
• Annual budget process
• Quarterly and monthly forecast
• Reporting and analysis for variances / gaps against budget
• Business reviews
• Month-end closing accuracy timeliness
• Manage CBRE’s financial statements (P&L and Balance Sheet): review monthly deferred revenue schedules, journal entry accruals, budget vs. actual variance analyses, risk/opportunity tracking, etc.
Process and controls
• Ensure quality, efficiency and effectiveness of all financial processes
• Process compliance – ensure P2P process is well managed & executed
• Manage Billing to Collection process – ensure billings get issued on time and collected
• Audit and risk mitigation
Contractual & Commercial deliverables:
• Client Baseline & Budget
• Contract Change Control
• Audit check points & compliance
• Understanding fully contractual obligations and associated KPIs
• Drive continuous performance improvements
• Contractual compliance
• Drive account growth
• Drive CBRE initiatives and growing capabilities within account
• Financial and commercial advice to the Account Director (AD) and the account leadership/operations within APAC
• As finance rep for APAC to interface with account global leadership team
• Collaborate with region, sub-region/country account team and platform team
• Establishes overall departmental priorities and ensures that all deadlines are met.
• Take accountability for the finance team output and ensure the highest standard of delivery
• Drive overall process improvement, ensuring global consistency
• Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies. Supervise finance staff including training and managing job performance.
• Work as a project manager in order to plan, organise and deliver complex tasks, involving a high number of stake holders and deliverables.
3. Candidate Profile
• Qualified accountant and member of recognised accounting organisation preferred but not mandatory if candidate can demonstrate equivalent skillset
• Expected 10+ years post qualified, managing a finance department
• Experience driving financial performance in an industrial business context. Knowledge of Facility Management markets, an advantage.
• Experience of planning and forecasting financial performance within a multi $m organisation
• Demonstrated management experience in a related environment
• Experience managing a high degree of complexity, bringing together financial, commercial, operational and people considerations, to secure the best outcomes
• International/regional/cross-country or multi-cultural experience
• Experience with contract management an advantage.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-starter and autonomous mindset
• Strategic thinking
• Keen interest on operational matters and ability to bring together operational, contractual & financial matters
• Resilience & extra-mile culture
• Smooth inter-cultural management experience
• Experience facing & managing customer seen as an advantage
• Operational/Industrial finance experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to solve problems - both independently and working as a team.
• Ability to work in a Matrix organisation involving many stake holders
• Ability to convince, influence or persuade others to gain support for own agenda across the organisation
• Leadership of a high performing team of finance professionals
• Experience working with shared services
• Microsoft Office product literate, excel modelling and data manipulation skills
• Solid understanding of modern Digital & Technology solutions, used to facilitate and enhance business performance (ERP, Reporting tools, Cloud based solutions, etc.)
• Robust capacity to work under pressure & tight deadlines
• Highly organized to ensure critical contract deadlines are met every month
• Experience of engaging and working remotely
• Other desirable skills: ability to apply technical knowledge, using commercial skills, networking, negotiating, problem-solving, flexibility, meeting deadlines, ability to focus and be persistent, understanding complex information and ability to adapt to and follow business protocols