CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Finance Contract Support Manager to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial operations, controls and management information for two separate contracts across different lines of business under the same client. The individual will also act as a point of liaison for Finance and Commercial issues for the client and contract teams and be able to report up to management accordingly.
• Develop high quality and effective client relationships where necessary
• Build good working relationship with account management, the Global Finance team and other key stakeholders being a business partner for all
• Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all elements are appropriately accounted for
• Assist with all requests in a timely and accurate manner; positively responding to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility
• Prepare accurate reports in line with monthly company timetable including Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts and annual plans
• Support any GWS transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results
• Liaise with the CBRE EMEA Finance, US Finance and GWS EMEA Financial Planning & Analysis team to fulfill any ad-hoc information requests
• Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Divisional Finance Director, Business Unit Director/Alliance Director and the Global Account Management team based in the US
• Continually review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting; develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
• Drive high quality financial / commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in EMEA and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices
• Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
• Build and develop high level relationships with business and account leaders, central teams, global account teams, customers/external agencies (e.g. auditors) and support in any client related audits
• Carry out month end across both accounts and ERPs, posting the relevant journals and seeking the appropriate approvals to ensure compliance with SOX guidelines
• Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance ensuring company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Contracts
• Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP are in line with GWS policy and place together the proformas for the invoicing on the Projects contract, tying in with the Global Finance team on accuracy and additional backup for T&E claims in month
• Develop an understanding of how to best utilize GWS system-generated reporting capabilities ensuring the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
• Assist in delivering best in class GWS and client management information including annual budgets, monthly management accounts and forecasts including Profit and Loss variance and Balance Sheet commentaries
• Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and balance sheet commentary
• Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, reviewed and maintained across both contracts in UK and Ireland
• Drive and agree any financial policy requirements with the Divisional Financial Director or Central Business whilst ensuring Account is complying with any Global Account Standards
• Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
• Highly computer literate with IT Skills to achieve key tasks and give the business a sound reporting base
• Ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills enabling the individual to work with Board Members, clients, suppliers, and staff at all levels and of all abilities
• Worked in a complex multinational with hands on experience of managing teams in continental Europe (applicable for Global Accounts)
• Proven commercial acumen, ability to contribute to decision-making and track record of achieving results through others
• Management skills to maximise the performance of staff working directly for them and others with ability to shape, lead and influence other senior managers
• Self-motivated and ambitious
• Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy and commitment to continuous improvement
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Confidential and discrete approach with ability to make sound decisions when needed and take accountability for outcomes
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team / Hiring Manager and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.