Technical Facilities Assistant Manager / Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 3-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a facility, or portfolio of industrial buildings.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients. Attends client meetings.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports.
- Coordinates and manages moves, adds and change activities.
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.
- Manages capital projects. Prepares capital project and operating budget and variance reports.
- Manages vendor relationships and trains vendors on work order and billing procedures. Responsible for invoice processing and accuracy of cost center coding.
- Provides process and procedure training.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of reports.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Minimum of five years of related facilities management experience. Diploma or Bachelors Degree preferred with focus on business, technical or facilities management areas. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Facilities Management experience in corporate offices or banking industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.