Dublin , Ireland
Date published: 18-Jun-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Purpose of the job
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance requirements of facilities on the client site
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to utility systems, and equipment in accordance with industry standards, statutory legislation and agreed service levels, and respond to site emergencies, client concerns or any tasks as identified by management. Liaising with facilities lead, engineering team, Projects team, site health and safety teams, sustainability team, production managers
- Carry out work as per requirements of the site Facilities Lead and as per site policies, schedules and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems with utilities equipment as necessary and as directed by site supervisors
- Complete maintenance/ troubleshoot on the site sterilisation equipment and associated robotics.
- Complete site documentation before and after work tasks, as appropriate
- All work on site to be carried out in accordance with site EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) rules and guidelines.
- Liaise and Work with the Site Engineering team and Utilities Technicians on all Utilities Equipment
- Liaise with Contractors during planned service maintenance.
- Participate in the appropriate training.
- Attend Daily Whiteboard meetings with feedback on Equipment/ Plant issues and represent Facilities in Production meetings when required
- Carry out Risk Assessment of Equipment Maintenance steps and ensure these are always kept valid.
- Trouble-shooting and investigation of utility plant equipment faults and failures executing repair and managing site contractors where needed to ensuring minimal downtime.
- Liaising with site projects team as SME on certain areas of Facilities Plant.
- Liaising with site contract team to identify suppliers and quantities of spare parts; review and updating of spare part inventory of spares in clients site store.
- Ensuring engineering areas, in liaison with Contract Manager and Contract coordinator, facilities and equipment are kept in a clean, safe and serviceable condition, and general housekeeping highest standards are maintained.
- Continuous improvement of contract delivery on site
EQUIPMENT AND PROCEDURES KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in the Medical Device, Engineering or food industry, GMP knowledge essential
- Mechanical / Electrical/ Building Services / Utilities experience, 3 years minimum and good understanding of the basic fundamentals of the various utilities systems.
- Pumps, HVAC Systems, Air Compressors, Boilers, Cleanrooms, Pressurisation Units, Waste Handling Equipment, Plant steam systems and ancillary services, Domestic Hot Water, Low Pressure Hot Water, Chillers, Chilled Water Systems, Cooling Towers, Refrigeration Systems, Solvent Abatement, Water Treatment,
- Strong understanding of Building Management Systems. Trend an advantage.
- Emergency lighting systems
- Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance Systems.
- Familiarity with Predictive Maintenance and Vibration Analysis
- Experience of Documented Work Order system environment, SAP an advantage
- Work within a documented Permit to Work System, Method Statement and Risk Assessment and COHE methods. Understanding of Product Sterilisation Equipment/ Procedures an advantage
- Computer literate and good organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- Understanding of SOP’s,
- Understanding of Safety Systems - Work Permitting, SPA’s, RAMS, LOTO, COHE
- Understanding of Instrumentation
- Must have examples of Troubleshooting / repair of Mechanical/ Building Services systems
- Good understanding of Low /Medium voltage Electrical Systems
- Analytical laboratory/ clean room environment experience
- Senior Trades, City & Guilds