Delivery of Site and Soft Services at Siemens Gamesa Hull site either directly or via third party suppliers including the high value and profile cleaning, catering, reception and waste management supplier contracts plus self-performed services for Concierge and visitor experience, grounds and landscaping as well as storage and warehouse services ensuring standards of customer service are achieved and in line with contract and agreed scope and service levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
• Management of service delivery for Concierge Services and ensuring all SGRE receive a warm welcome and seamless service.
• Responsible for the delivery of soft service to the agreed budget circa £1m
• Ensure best practice, competitive pricing, development of strategic supplier relationships and proactive delivery.
• Liaise with the supply chain to ensure site is maintained at a high level of quality.
• Ensure that all relevant legal requirements are met, especially in relation to security procedures (EG CCTV surveillance), security team compliance with DEFRA (government department) licensing for high risk experimental studies undertaken on site, waste management (including high risk/high volume and none standard waste streams, with specific compliance requirements), management of the residential property portfolio (higher risk and compliance requirements for the multiple occupants/student accommodation) and catering team food hygiene compliance.
• Works in demanding environments, managing change, multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met.
• Support the overall performance of the contract and required deliverables including ownership of assigned operational tracker activities, support with fee earning “additional works” and projects, performance managements against KPIs; HSSE; training and development and succession planning.
• Ensure that third party suppliers provide detailed monthly reports including financial reporting if required; HSE; personnel and operational issues.
• Ensure that all PPMs and inspections are carried out and that activities meet the needs of the client.
• Provide leadership for all direct reports including training, development and performance.
• Work with third party suppliers and direct reports to identify, investigate and implement opportunities to achieve efficiencies and improve customer service across all service lines.
• Work with third party suppliers and direct reports to deliver innovative solutions and initiatives.
Establish and maintain effective business relationship with the client, interacting with key client stakeholders and end users at all levels.
Cleaning and Waste Services
• Manage the cleaning and waste disposal contracts to ensure an efficient operational service is provided.
• Particular focus on the disposal and transportation of hazardous waste and associated legislative controls and documentation.
• Manage Waste disposal contracts to ensure all confidential material is handled and destroyed in line with security policy and procedures. Review Waste Disposal processes to decrease Energy consumption levels.
• Promote greater awareness of waste disposal policies and procedures with all staff.
• Review productivity measures to ensure all contractors are performing in accordance with the contract Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure that cleaning is optimised to ensue all areas are cleaned to an agreed standard at an agreed frequency and that washrooms are maintained to a high standard at all times.
• Liaise with catering management to ensure the food offering, quality of produce and availability of food is to the agreed contracted service level. Review of the catering P&L on a monthly basis as results have a direct link with quality.
• Regular review buffet and counter choice and payment methods to ensure that queuing times are not excessive.
• Co-ordinate and communicate promotions/special offers being held in the restaurant to all employees.
• Manage the security contract to ensure that shift patterns are being fulfilled and security personnel have the correct training. Ensure that assignment instructions are current and being implemented. Investigate any deviations.
• Work with Syngenta to investigate any breaches of security that have led to loss or damage of assets.
Grounds and Landscaping Services
• Manage the Grounds and Landscaping service to the agreed level. This can entail the use of dangerous machinery, therefore attention to risk and mitigation is required and all operatives need to be fully trained and have the correct PPE.
Front of house / reception services
Ensure all meeting rooms are properly stocked and available for use each day.
• Manage the reception and concierge services to ensure facilities are properly staffed and Syngenta literature is available to visitors. Reception and concierge staff to carry out site safety briefing and emergency procedures.
• Carry out and document regular checks to ensure quality levels.
• Constantly review processes and procedures in order to ensure a streamlined and efficient service.
• Organise and co-ordinate major events based on the client site to ensure the smooth execution of all major events.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to prioritise demands across multiple service lines
• Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret what good service looks like and how it should be delivered
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Budget Management / Numeric skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player / management skills
• Ability to cultivate a team environment with performance and customer service as a core behaviour.
• Demonstrates integrity - acts consistent with what he/she says and believes in line with ethical standards
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• High school/Secondary School diploma or general education degree (GED) required. 10 years’ experience within an outsourced facilities management environment ideally with clear evidence of management of soft services
• Excellent customer service skills are required as first point of contact for clients
• Evidence of communicating and promoting on site services to the client organisation
• Experience of managing a diverse team across a number of functions
• A natural leader
• Able to build presentation content and deliver to a wide range of audiences
• Recognised Health & Safety qualification
• Recognised, facilities management professional qualification
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.