Ipswich , United Kingdom
Date published: 13-Feb-2020
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading provider of facilities management services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies. We are a company that prides ourselves on delivering the highest standards of service and creating strong partnerships with our clients.
We are currently recruiting a Facilities Manager to deliver total facilities management services across two corporate office buildings in Ipswich.
Reporting to an Area General Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that an outstanding standard of FM service is delivered to our client through effective leadership of an on-site team. The Facilities Manager will take ownership for all aspects of operational management including health and safety, environmental, budgetary costs and customer service standards.
· Provide leadership and management for a defined contract and in-house team of staff.
· Ensure business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented.
· Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions, and that both Client and Company health and safety policy and process are effectively implemented.
· Drive a culture of first class customer service across your region, and ensure effective relationships are harnessed with key Client contacts.
· Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across the region, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
· Ensure the region is staffed by fully capable teams, ensuring post holders are competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
· Identify business risks and issues, adopting appropriate counter measures to minimise downtime and exposure for both the Company and Client.
· Work with other operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and support to colleagues.
· Ensure appropriate control measures are in place, such as audits and inspections, to ensure statutory, policy, and contractual commitments are met.
· Own all regional financial planning and performance; including, the preparation of accurate budgets and forecasts.
· Previous facilities management experience within a corporate environment.
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and statutory compliance, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified.
· Strong commercial acumen.
· BIFM qualification desirable.