Facilities Manager - Manufacturing Industry @ Joo Koon
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 4-Mar-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients. Attends client meetings.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports.
- Coordinates and manages moves, adds and change activities.
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labour for projects.
- Manages capital projects. Prepares capital project and operating budget and variance reports.
- Manages vendor relationships and trains vendors on work order and billing procedures. Responsible for invoice processing and accuracy of cost centre coding.
- Uses PC and/or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Provides process and procedure training.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of reports, as required.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- The role requires managing a team of subordinates and assuming daily supervisory responsibilities, including:
- Supervises individual employees within single functional or operational area;
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination;
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval; Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime;
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff;
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies; and
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training. Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Prior Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers, effectively present information, and respond to sensitive issues.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial principles and terms. Ability to do intermediate calculations such as percentages, discounts and commissions, and advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving multiple situations and options. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.