Penang , Malaysia
Date published: 19-Dec-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Chargeman certificate (at least A0).
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply!
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.