Facilities Engineer -HVAC & Cleanroom (Electronic Manufacturing)
Penang , Malaysia
Date published: 7-Jan-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
About CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions:
- Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE which supports occupier clients of all sizes, through facilities management, project management, advisory and transaction services. As our client, you benefit from property solutions that reduce cost and risk, better manage your space and improve productivity.
We Want You To Join Us!, We are offering permanent position & normal working hours.
- Facilities Engineers need to be both creative and analytical thinkers.
- They should have strong communication and management skills, as well as the ability to work with and motivate inter-departmental teams.
- At the same time, much of their job requires them to take initiative and work well independently.
- They should be able to work under stressful situations, with strong crisis management skills, often they will need to make informed and appropriate decisions under pressure.
- Along with these traits and abilities, there are other skills that Facility Engineers should possess to be strong candidates.
Purpose of the role:
- Facilities Engineers must have in-depth understanding of the production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information about the process of the facility.
- They use this knowledge of the methods and activities to determine ways that processes can be refined to make the manufacturing or delivery of services more efficient
- Leads shift operations and Preventive Maintenance crew
- Leads directs vendors and subcontractors.
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision monitors building system operations and IFM performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
What to expect on the role:
- Assist Facilities Manager & Assistant Facilities Manager on day to day operation.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Ability to prepare engineering specifications, statements of work, and estimates for a wide range of facility related projects.
- Knowledge of architectural designs, building codes, construction/project management principles.
- communicate effectively both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records, and prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtimes to minimize business interruption and inconvenience
- Generating monthly work orders from FMP Maximo.
- Updating servicing frequency Maximo to align with the real-time requirement if required.
- Monthly in-house PM schedule arrangements.
- Preparing monthly PM checklists.
- Closing monthly work orders and checklists for tasks that completed.
- Follow up and arrange scheduled service with OEM service team.
- Interpret OEM service report and lab calibrations compilations.
- Attending urgencies issues such as equipment troubleshooting etc.
- Inventories and commensurable tracking.
- Weekly dosing chemicals balance updates.
- Perform repetitive dosing chemical restock on a monthly basis.
- Hands-on fabrication for annual replacement.
- Compiling and recommend the suitable mechanical and electrical device for overall equipment at client plant. Assist in document buy-off and equipment EHS standard verification on site.
- Attending meeting and site audit support. (ISO & RBA audit)
- Plotting activity required to perform during the annual shutdown
- Provide maintenance technical data such as service interval, belt tension requirement, grease application weight, etc.
- Assisting in vendor plant pass submission and document preparation to EHS Manager.
To be eligible for the role:
- Cleanroom Maintenance experiences is added advantage- hands on in either 1k, 100k or 10K class, particle count, RH reading/basic parameters.
- Minimum 3 years experienced in Facilities Management & related field with basic Electrical & Mechanical.
- Minimum 3 years experienced in MNC- Manufacturing (Electronic)
- Minimum Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Facilities Management
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and chiller, cooler, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair & BMS.
- Willing to work irregular hours, call back on normal, public holidays and over the weekend.