CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Facilities Coordinator to join the team located in Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager’s operation in the provision of an effective Facilities Management Service at the account’s site.
• Ensure cleaning within buildings is to a high standard, working with 3rd party
• Liaise closely with 3rd party suppliers ensuring all planned & reactive works are responded/resolved within SLA. Keep the site reports and Health & Safety files
• Ensure the EHS Management System is maintained and followed in line with the company expectations
• Operation of CBRE systems in support of FM as required or directed
• Monitor SI7 at all times ensuring reactive and PPM jobs are being raised and actioned accordingly
• Purchase of required services/materials adhering to CBRE Procurement processes
• Responsible for liaison with client and contractors for provision of various services to include carrying out regular inspections, preparing performance reports, and ensuring delivery of services according to SOW
• Responsible for aspects of client moves and changes, including maintaining floor plans and client staff listings
• Assist in monitoring of internal and external fabric condition, ensure compliance with SOW and project manage repair or remedial works as required, managing costs, etc. for each element
• Project management to include client liaison, financial tracking and management, delivery to agreed schedules etc
• Prepare information and reports for CBRE reports, to include participation at regular client reviews
• Support FM in management of all services, staff and contractors to sustain and further develop CBRE success
• Deal with outgoing/incoming post and deliveries
• Assist with conference room management requests & carry out Daily Conference Room Checks using the approved client system
• Maintain Shared printers and respond in a timely manner to requests for service
• Visit devices per schedule and ensure consumable levels are adequate, including paper; address jams, consumable outages or paper issues
• Adhere to client recycling program for toners and cartridges
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses
• Must have previous experience of working in Facilities role and possess sound
• Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
• The ability to work confidently, calmly and methodically
• Excellent communications skills
• Must be customer focused
• Consistently self-motivated and focused on delivery
• Maintain good relationships with colleagues and other business contacts
• A strong sense of teamwork
• A flexible and ‘can do’ approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with customers and peers – in person, on the phone and in writing – in a professional and courteous manner
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.