CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Fabric Technician to join the team located in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all environmental conditions are always maintained with regards to building fabric.
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works; provide parts lists, quoted costs and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works and send out site communications
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the supervisor
• Ensure that you work within the site Risk assessments and Method Statements and be able to carry out your own Dynamic risk Assessment if any work deviates from the original RAMS
• Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE and BD staff, subcontractors, and the client representatives
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment, including always wearing of uniform and PPE
• Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
• Ensure that outside grounds are kept to a high standard of general tidiness
• Supervise and monitor sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
• Arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
• Undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate; ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's
• Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system)
• Flexible with working times towards the end of the day in the event of an emergency or if a critical alarm appears on the BMS
• Proficient on computers to enable communication via email and quote/order parts
• Help upkeep of logbooks and other building compliance data
• Communicate with site staff and management of all levels concisely using emails and presentation reports if needed where larger project work may be needed
• Any other task as directed by the account management team
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English & Basic Mathematics skills
• Fabric related discipline or equivalent NVQ such as carpentry or building with some plumbing knowledge
• Experience in maintaining building fabric as a handy man or technician including but not limited to Floors, walls, ceilings, doors and external areas
• Good verbal communication and written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure; able to make sound decision
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg; able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment and work at heights
• A team player, able to work with CBRE and the client’s representatives
• Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns; flexible with regards to emergency out of hours work whether on call or following a standard day
• Health and safety or first aid training would be beneficial
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.