Expression of Interest : Country Sustainability Lead (Pooling Only)
Manila , Philippines
Date published: 10-Sep-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Country Sustainability Lead is a leadership & support role to implement at country-level the various regional and global sustainability initiatives. This role does not require specialist expertise, but interest in supporting environmental related initiatives to create measurable impacts is recommended.
Responsibility lies in two general areas:
- Ensuring country-level compliance
Understand the sustainability objectives and ensure facility-level activities are under-taken properly and achieve the desired output. Communicate with internal stakeholders, provide training where needed, and conduct quality assurance checks to ensure proper implementation. Collect and report status and data. Support facility level team to problem solve where issues arise.
- Support the sustainability narrative and support bottom-up staff engagement
Implement and support the communication strategy to ensure sustainability activities and results are creating organizational-wide impacts and not limited to back-of-house activities. Encourage SCB staff involvement, create and publish content for country-level publications, and participate in regional/global sustainability activities and discussions on the various internal media platforms.
The Country Sustainability Lead is the country’s primarily point of implementation for regional and global initiatives. The role is to provide support & guidance to facility level staff throughout the country in respect of the management, administration and implementation of the account’s programs. The role includes but is not limited to the following:
Ensuring Country Level Compliance
- Understand the sustainability objectives and programs and be able to train, monitor progress, manage stakeholder, and mitigate delays to achieve timely results.
- Take ownership of the initiatives and problem-solve with facility-level delivery teams to ensure that implementation, reporting, compliance, and processes are fully understood and implemented.
- Review data feeds to KPIs monthly. Understand any exceptions, challenging findings where appropriate and ensuring rectification plans are implemented and completed where appropriate.
- Undertake other root cause analysis, implement rectification plans and manage teams to completion.
- Maintain proactive communication with Head of Sustainability and sustainability support teams.
- Escalate gaps/non-compliances in a timely manner where required.
- Ensure monthly reporting of waste and recycling is accurate and properly input into Credit360
- Other tasks as may be prescribed from time to time.
Support the sustainability narrative and encourage bottom-up staff engagement
- Implement the communication strategy to ensure there is a constant messaging of sustainability related topics at country level
- Represent sustainability in country-level meetings and discussions
- Create summaries of local sustainability activities and publish on local property newsletters for both SCB and CBRE
- Contribute to sustainability related bridge posts to share what we are working on
- Support the establishment of a local “green team”
- Provide local language support where needed (such as translation for signage)
- Ensure new sustainability-related signage is posted
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from college or university. Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Interest in sustainability and environmental protection
- Strong ability to self-manage, demonstrate stewardship, and deliver results
- Understanding of property stakeholders and various internal roles/responsibilities
- Local country experience
- Strong communicator (verbal, written and presentation) & stakeholder influencer
- Must be willing to be assigned in Makati and work on any shift depending on business needs