Express Of Interest: Associate Director, Project Management
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 6-May-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Lead, manage and train the project teams from a technical as well as administrative and commercial point of view and ensure their project delivery capabilities and personal development.
- Assist the Department Directors in the day-to-day management of the department as well as the implementation of the Department’s annual business plan, and ensure that profitability of the department meets or exceeds budget projections.
- Act as project leader/project director, managing the project teams to ensure on time and the budget project delivery by fulfilling international quality standards.
- Service existing clients in compliance with their expectations and CBRE’s company policies, nurture client relationships and cultivate repeat business and referrals.
- Execute a number of projects in parallel defined by a development services agreement, lease, and/or construction management agreement to its successful conclusion. Define project goals in terms of scope, time and cost; and through the use of established processes, experience and expertise, manage the design, permitting and construction of the projects in conformity with these goals.
- Ensure proper support to CBRE’s other divisions during the business development stage when and where required.
- Carry out any other assignments as directed by your Directors or the management.
- Lead project teams in servicing existing clients, nurturing client relationships and cultivating repeat business and referrals. This task entails, among other things, proficient after-sale services and effective maintenance and follow-up of client databases.
- Assist in building up a successful projects team that can consistently generate business for the Department and deliver as per client’s expectations. Assist in leading, galvanizing, motivating the managers and negotiators to work as a cohesive team to achieve revenue targets, by providing assistance in pitching for business, negotiation, and deal construction.
- Present and represent CBRE’s Projects Department for business development and project delivery on your own when and where required.
- Prepare and maintain contracts related to the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensure all projects are managed in accordance with the core Project Delivery governance principals;
- Read, understand and prepare, if required, documents defining projects such as, but not limited to, employer requirements, specifications, lease contracts, property management agreement, and lease abstract.
- Establish project scope and budget for the work. Establish practical project time lines and programmes.
- Ensure all parties understand the above goals prior to start of design, and review scope with relevant team members.
- Participate in preparation of appropriate lease provisions and exhibits.
- Establish purchasing procedures for consultants, contractors, etc, and negotiate and prepare appropriate agreements for all parties necessary in the execution of the work, including bid packages and contract documents.
- Manage and execute proper tender assessments and provide high quality analysis to the owner of the bids received with a recommendation for selection of appropriate designers when and where required.
- Manage, execute and provide proper analysis of construction tender documentation received with a recommendation for selection of the general contractor when and where required.
- Manage, execute and provide proper analysis of Jianli tender documentation received with a recommendation for selection of the Jianli, when and where required.
- Manage, execute and provide proper analysis of any other consultant firms, contractors and suppliers tender documentation received with an appropriate recommendation for selection when and where required.
- Manage and establish internal as well as project-related communication procedures and filing systems for projects and set up appropriate tracking of necessary approvals of all kinds.
- Establish meeting procedures and timetables for those meetings.
- Establish and ensure project documentation is accurate, coordinated and properly documented by yourself as well as your project team(s).
- Ensure your entire project team and all consultants are familiar with project goals of scope, time, cost and risk and write the appropriate agreement between the owner and consultants to accomplish these goals.
- Provide and/or manage the review of progress sets of design to ensure that contract documents are consistent with the required scope of the project. Review design details of the construction documents for constructability and cost efficiency.
- Ensure that drawings are co-ordinated so that appropriate scope is defined between consultants of different expertise.
- Review all requests for information, change requests, etc, and, where appropriate, issue or have consultants issue appropriate response (directive letter).
- Manage, oversee and coordinate where necessary all kind of variations which may occur during project execution.
- Ensure invoices are reviewed for conformity with documentation requirements and the completion status, and processed in a timely manner. Be responsible for tracking all project-related costs, including appropriate documentation.
- Manage the project team, which may consist of project engineers, administrators, specialist engineers and quantity surveyors.
- Keep ownership of the projects you are responsible for as Project leader, including, but not limited to, cost analysis, invoicing, quality and programme control, as well as management of your project team.
- Manage and understand all kinds of design, construction and supply contracts and ensure transfer of this knowledge to Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Establish, maintain and update for all projects for which you are responsible, and appropriate project risk register, clearly identify suitable measures to mitigate, manage or ensure the risk.
- Take principal responsibility for quality control in the Department. This includes quality control in staff performance as well as products and services. You are expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Nurture staff quality by providing mentoring, advice, supervision and assistance to team members.
- Be watchful of substandard performance from team members and ensure that staff perform to a standard consistent with the Company’s stature as a high-quality service provider.
- Identify and implement remedial measures or training to address poor performance.
- Put in place systems and processes to check the accuracy and quality of all documentation and other outbound reports, such as requiring them to be checked by more than one senior executive before their release to clients.
- Assist with the setting up of filing and database systems required for the successful delivery of project management services. Take responsibility for the management and maintenance of these databases and ensure that they are kept current.
- Lead by example, not only the efficient performance of duties but also compliance to all Company policies, and instructions and standards of conduct.
- In the course of client contact, you should be mindful of sourcing for new business not only for your Department but also other departments of the Company. You are expected to pass on leads and market information to the relevant department for action with a view to generating business for the Company.
- Carry out any other assignments as directed by the Director, CBRE Project Management – China and the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college programme.
- 10+ years’ project-management or construction-management experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical and computer-literate, with proven leadership skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction practices and techniques; Title III of ADA, contract laws, project controls, and building support systems.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of design, construction and supply-oriented contracts, such as, but not limited to, government contracts, FIDIC contracts, etc.
- Be highly disciplined and proactive with an appetite for challenges.
- Occasional traveling required.