The purpose of this position is to;
- Support the development of the Estates Management function, awareness and understanding on the Financial institution (FI) with the Client and the on account CBRE Estates Management team.
- Interface directly with the Client to understand and interpret the Client’s needs, the demands and changes within their broader business environment, and investigate and advocate how CBRE can best support the Client. Continuously keep informed of new CBRE services, technologies, and market insights, and evaluate the opportunity of integrating these into the Client partnership.
- Work within the day to day operations of the Estates Management function within Singapore, ensuring they deliver to time all necessary reporting, transactions and financial reporting requirements.
Main Objectives of role
- Support where required in the recommendations and agreement on price caps with the Client
- Support where required on the marketing of the Clients owned portfolio - answer enquiries , Conduct site inspection as required
- Review proposals , negotiate with Tenant/Landlord, to achieve the best price and conditions for the Client in new leases, renewals, rent reviews
- Support in the review of proposals, negotiations with Tenant/Landlord, to achieve the best price and conditions for the Client in new leases, renewals, rent reviews for the retail and office network for any Transactions that fall within the Estates Management responsibility.
- Where required notify the Client on expiring leases or upcoming rent reviews, advise the Client of its rights and obligations under the leases
- Support in the negotiation of termination and/or make-good obligations;
- Support in the negotiation of pay-out of lease residual, sublease and/or assignment to minimize dead rent and advise the implications of each option to the Client + surrender of leases from internal Client lets.
- Support in the review of contracts, seeking solicitor’s input and highlight any deviations or anomalies that may require engagement with the Client
- When required, ensure the timely return of cash security deposit when a lease has ceased
- Support in the preparation of annual budgets and participate in reviews for owned and/or leasehold commitments and if necessary, other periodic basis
- Establish and maintain good landlord-tenant relationships and where applicable
- Provide Support in the ATM batch approval process
- Communicate with Courier services for document delivery
- Update the Client's internal database and prepare reports for Finance, and Procurement's retention
- Communicate with Courier services for delivery
- Look after all Government, local authority billings and fill in standard forms (i.e. Government rates and Rents)
- Work with Client internal and prepare billing issue - for manual billing and new leases until automated.
- Consolidation of batch approval documents for submission to Business Unit.
- Process e-stamping of the Leases for the Client
- Update WIP and SharePoint on a regular basis
- Monitor potential upcoming tenders
- Any ad-hoc reports as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include the following:
- Reasonable level of analytical Skills: qualitative and quantitative
- Familiar with Singapore retail/office market practice
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive self-starter
- Good attention to detail
- Time management skills: start to show understanding on how to manage concurrent tasks in parallel and prioritise accordingly
- Presents solutions to problems, escalating in a timely manner where necessary.
- Driving Customer Service Levels
- Proactively managing customer relationships
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of customer needs
- Reasonable presentation skills
- Sensitive to cross-cultural exposures
- Good communication (verbal & written)
- No supervisory responsibilities in this position.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Qualification in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Engineering or related discipline is desirable
- Minimum 3 + years in the real estate industry and relevant client engagement experience
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports for submission to manager.
- Ability to discuss effectively with employees, management, and client groups to contribute to activities/workload underway.
- Ability to ensure contactability and respond to clients, landlords, and management on a timely basis
- Fluency in English and local language
- Must possess reasonable financial knowledge