Purpose of The Job
CBRE Data Centre Solutions is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Manager to oversee all matters involving personnel safety and environmental impact at the Clients Data Center. This individual will partner with the Client’s Global EHS team and local management to develop, implement, and support initiatives, processes, and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics.
• Monitor activities that have the potential to compromise the safety and health of client’s personnel, as well as contingent workers, contractors, and visitors to the Data Center.
• Monitor activities at the Data Center that have the potential to impact the environment.
• Ensure necessary company records are prepared and maintained according to established company policy and state and local safety and environmental guidelines.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining ISO 90001, 14001, 18001 certifications.
• Conduct facility inspections as required by company policy and governmental permits.
• Implement training plans and ensure all EHS training is completed for all on-site personnel.
• Act as the site representative during all internal and external audits.
• Participate in incident investigations, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for all work-related incidents.
• Maintain a current inventory and Safety Data Sheets for all chemical hazards on the property.
• Implement risk management strategies and practices.
• Implement site safety programs such as vendor management, waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) management, etc. in accordance with company guidelines.
• Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
• Work with highly confidential information.
• Establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships, by providing leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice in EHS
• Deliver effective communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
• Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts. Ensuring contractually agreed SLA’s and KPI’s within the Scope of Works (SOW) are met and necessary record retention demonstrating adherence.
• Promote and maintaining the core Values of CBRE.
• Develop a good working relationship with all staff and the Client representatives.
• Ensure the professional image of CBRE is always presented to clients and visitors.
• Assist with other supporting activities as required directed by your senior manager or client point of contact
1 Reporting to the Clients Facilities Support Manager, and to CBRE’s Account Manager / Area General Manager / Business Unit Director
2 Accountability to the client functional leads, as appropriate.
3 Maintains close working relationships with key client’s representatives.
4 This position no direct reports.
Excellent general education is essential, ideally holding a BS Degree in Safety or Health Sciences.
Must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development with experience in data centres an advantage.
5+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field.
Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, EPA, State and local laws and ordinances.
Knowledge of ISO 14001 standard or environmental management systems.
Experience working to deadlines.
Must understand all the associated safety code related requirements relative to providing the service.
Experience of managing escalation and emergency issues.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client, employees, and subcontractors.
Numerate and computer literate. Intermediate to advanced software skills – MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and experience learning new applications
Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively. A role model for customer service excellence and politically astute.
Ability to communicate problems in a non-technical manner.
Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Able to contribute effectively across all business activities.
Must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
Must be willing to be flexible in their working patterns as needed to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the business.