Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Engineering Technician (Comb)
Key responsibilities are as follows:
The Engineering Technician (Combustion) supports the Facilities Manager providing a reactive and pre-planned maintenance service to building engineering systems and services at various sites in accordance with laid down procedures and safe working practices.
To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on all gas heating systems as directed by the Lead Engineer or the Area Facilities Manager. To ensure the uninterrupted and continuous supply of systems being maintained.
Key Objectives of the role:
• Maintain all gas heating equipment and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed.
• Ensure that qualifications to undertake gas work are appropriate to the work being carried out and are maintained in-date.
• Undertake gas work safely in compliance with gas-safe standards.
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior under undertaking gas work and any other work and complete the appropriate documentation in full.
• Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and maintained.
• Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturers manuals and drawings as required
• Record and report any risk, loss or defect to management for corrective action.
• Ensure completion of remedial work, repairs etc. within the timescales defined.
• Liaise with the Area Facilities Manager/Lead Engineer and Helpdesk for both demand and planned maintenance tasks and respond to other requests as necessary
• Report any mechanical/electrical problems affecting the day-to-day operations to the Lead Engineer.
• Ensure Site Activity Log Books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures
• Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required or instructed.
• Maintain stock levels for spares and consumables and records as required
• Ensure Site Activity Log Books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures.
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of CBRE/BT Workplace technical services delivery as directed by line management.
• The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the CBRE/BT Workplace environmental policy, procedures and routines correctly to support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
• Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
• Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
• Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
• Makes decisions within parameters set by Lead Engineer, using job/specialist experience
• Maybe subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
• Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
• Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
• Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
• Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
• May work within a given budget.
• May assist less experienced staff
• For non-supervisory roles performs skilled work requiring technical training (NVQ3 or equivalent)
• Proven business experience, Level 3 NVQ or Certificate Level of Qualification. Graduate entry point.
• Must hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship in plant maintenance or equivalent qualifications
• Must have been successfully assessed in the gas work elements being undertaken and hold a competence card issued by Gas Safe Register (Commercial & Domestic)
• Proven experience in gas maintenance work.
• Manual Handling awareness
• Legionella awareness
• Manual Handling
• Asbestos Awareness
• 17th Addition IEE Regulations
• Roof Working
• Confined Space Trained
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.