Data Centre Shift Leader
Hours: 06:30 – 18:30 & 18:30 – 06:30 (Continental Shift Pattern) 42hrs a week
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Engineering Shift Supervisor to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in London. As the post holder, you will be expected to have extensive understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical, and DC specific infrastructure). As the lead member of the engineering shift teams, you will responsible for effective inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on risk management, enhancing the quality of the service delivery through effective leadership of the shift team.
- Operate all M&E systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including HV Electrical isolations/operations). Having due regard to business risk and energy use. Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensuring that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures/ MOP/PTW/client change requests.
- Ensure that Specialist Sub Contractor worksheets are signed off where necessary, that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the Data Centre Engineering Manager/Data Centre Technical Manager.
- To provide backup as engineering relief cover in the event of annual leave, training or other absence within the engineering team. Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are maintained at all times.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks.
- Attend weekly team meetings, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with CBRE management.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as leading the shift team through relevant EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCKDrills).
- Completing the shift handover reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to oncoming shifts and CBRE management.
- Manage and prioritise operational resource to ensure all Data Centre client requests are attended within SLA.
- Champion and promote QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Accountable for the compliance with client CEM process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is in place for all critical works.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial works.
- Proactively attend nominated training courses as identified by CBRE management in line with DCS training matrix.
- Drive a positive culture within the team, regarding personal development and training.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Coaching of new employees as part of the CERM process for on-boarding new starters.
- Manage all CBRE planned maintenance tasks, ensuring the engineering team deliver PM work allocation on a month by month basis.
- Participation in engineering Quality Assurance process, to validate the standards of completed works.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- HV Authorised Person
- HNC/HND in relevant field or associated Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship (Or Similar)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Drives operational excellence within the team.
- Have very good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
- A high level of initiative.
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions.
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.