Technical Engineering Manager
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Engineering Manager to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Heathrow. The engineering service manager will be expected to familiarise with all aspects of administration and engineering related to the site. Responsibilities will be to carry out efficient running of the critical and non-critical services and associated functions.
- Provide leadership and ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Identify opportunities for the strategic development of the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both the client and Company health and safety process are effectively implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure contracts are fully staffed, and by fully competent teams such as to ensure contractual compliance.
- Responsibility for ensuring all staff are at the required level of regulatory training and records of the same up to date.
- Own the M&E line of the P&L delivering to plan, proactively identifying & managing risks of the same.
- Ensuring customer focus within all areas of operational activities and that effective relationship are maintained with key client contacts.
- Responsible for day to day supervision, operations and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plant services primarily PPM and reactive works.
- Day to day management of engineering team engineers, effective communication to the team such that a cohesive operation is achieved, and documented team governance
- Direct, instruct and supervise all contractors as well as subcontractors, ensuring staff compliance with working practice.
- HV/LV systems, reporting any major inconsistencies or abnormalities and proposed resolutions.
- To ensure the shift log system is updated and complete and the subcontractor visits are logged, and any major incidents /problems, are attended to.
- Contribute the appropriate section to the monthly and quarterly engineering report ensuring that significant events or activities as well as areas of concerns, are noted in the report.
- Monitor critical areas for cleanliness ensuring plant rooms and equipment are regularly checked, cleaned and maintained
- To conduct regular reviews of operating procedures making recommendations for improvement with appropriate working practices with emergency/contingency procedures with critical systems.
- The upkeep of O&M manuals, test equipment as build drawings.
- To assist, produce and construct the current CEWA’s and risk assessment which are used throughout all facilities and sites, ensure that all work is inspected prior to closure of the work permits.
- Identify needs/assist in arranging training for engineers.
- Management of engineering services with the HV/LV, UPS and Building Management Systems.
- Operate all systems within the building in a competent, effective and efficient manner (Including HV operations), adhering to CWES guideline and bulletins.
- Work collaboratively with the adjacent site teams, ICT, Engineering, Whitespace, such that a Converged Services approach is achieved
- Recognised apprenticeship, ONC / BTEC Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equal.
- Proven experience in business-critical engineering systems.
- A strong and committed team player capable of prioritising and solving problems, utilising innovative solutions.
- Must be well organised with good task management skills.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- 5 years’ experience in a related environment.
- Strong people-management skills.
- Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Able to change work pattern at short notice to meet the requirements of the client.
- HV authorised person.
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.