CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Manager
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Engineering Manager to join the team located in London.
The engineering service manager will be expected to familiarise with all aspects of administration and engineering related to the client occupied buildings. Responsibilities will be to carry out efficient running of the critical and non-critical services and associated functions.
• Provide leadership and ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited.
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety process is effectively implemented and regularly reviewed.
• Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams.
• Ensure development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth are met and exceeded.
• Ensuring customer focus within all areas of operational activities and that effective relationship are maintained with key client contacts.
• Promoting and maintaining core CBRE values.
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support mobilisation as required on new contracts.
• Responsible for day to day supervision, operations and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plant services primarily PPM and reactive works.
• Daily management of engineering team –day and shift engineers.
• To direct, instruct and supervise all contractors as well as subcontractors, insuring staff compliance with working practice.
• Ensure the collection of the weekly building loads readings and carry out load assessments on UPS, HV/LV systems, reporting any major inconsistencies or abnormalities.
• To insure the shift log system is updated and complete and the subcontractor visits are logged and any major incidents /problems are attended to.
• To complete monthly and quarterly engineering report insuring that significant events or activities as well as areas of concerns are noted in the report.
• Insure that all matters that have impacted the smooth running of the building and the facilities are immediately reported to senior management throughout the complete escalation procedure.
• Monitor critical areas for cleanliness insuring plant rooms and equipment are regularly checked, cleaned and maintained.
• Assist the project team with all technical and operational problems which may arise.
• To conduct regular reviews of operating procedures making recommendations for improvement with appropriate working practices with emergency/contingency procedures with critical systems.
• Liaise and keep informed the senior management on all aspects of contract problems and regularly update on all engineering issues.
• The upkeep of O&M manuals, test equipment as build drawings.
• Building plants must be operated to in accordance with the manufacture instructions. Within the original design specification.
• To assist, produce and construct the current CEWA’s and risk assessment which are used throughout all facilities and sites, ensure that all work is inspected prior to closure of the work permits.
• Ensure that all staff is conversant with the operation and control of critical and non critical systems installed with the client’s portfolio. Spare parts to be checked on delivery for conformity and compliance with the QA policy.
• To manage holiday, sickness, maintaining the correct and required shift level within the building.
• Identify needs/assist in arranging training for engineers.
• Issue workloads (both PPM’s and reactive) on a daily basis as governed by day to day operation.
• Management of engineering services with the HV/LV, UPS and Building Management Systems.
• Operate all systems within the building in a competent, effective and efficient manner (Including HV operations), adhering to CWES guideline and bulletins.
• Accountability to the CBRE functional heads, as appropriate.
• Accountable day-to-day to the relevant client contacts.
• Line management responsibility for a contract team and indirectly for relevant sub-contractors.
• Financial responsibility for the delivery of Plan commitments for the contract.
• Recognised apprenticeship, ONC / BTEC Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equal.
• Proven experience in business critical engineering systems.
• A strong and committed team player capable of prioritising and solving problems, utilising innovative solutions.
• Must be well organised with good task management skills.
• Good written & verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• 5 years experience in a related environment.
• Strong people management skills.
• Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Able to change work pattern at short notice to meet the requirements of the client.
• HV authorised person.
Desirable: Health & Safety qualification