CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Engineering Coordinator to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Reading. The Engineering Coordinator will provide support to the site team, working closely to coordinate and develop the SI7 CAFM system for PPM & reactive works. Be responsible for updating Logbooks, ensuring Statutory compliance is maintained. You will be required to deputise for the Contract Manager on daily/weekly ops calls, providing both the account and customer management teams with updates on operational matters as required.
A degree of flexibility is required due to the nature of the customers’ business and the requirement to cover shift patterns during both planned and unplanned absence periods.
The role will suit someone with a technical background that is looking to work towards a management role with appropriate training and development.
- Hands on engineering support as required
- Effect emergency repairs as needed, ensuring clear communication and escalation processes are adhered to consistently
- Shift Cover as required supporting both planned and unplanned absence
- Ensure delivery of PPM & Reactive tasks in line with agreed SLA’s through the coordination of the CAFM system Si7
- Sub-Contractor Management to CBRE Process, ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems
- QHSE Standards and Compliance – Operate as the site QHSE champion
- Ensure site Logbooks are maintained up to date
- Site Access requests & Contractor Inductions
- Input to Monthly Report and Contract Review Pack
- Carry out Inspections and Monitoring of Water Systems on site in line with ACOPS L8
- Deputise on weekly/daily calls for Contract Manager when requested
- Attend Kings Cross once a week
- Security Clearance to SC level essential (application will be supported by CBRE/Client)
- Demonstrable experience working within a Data Centre or similar role desirable
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Work, Outlook) essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority both internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- BS7671 18th Edition
- Previous experience HV switching desirable
- Diligent and pro-active
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work to support the 24/7 operation of the facility
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.