Sustainability Director - APAC
CBRE has an APAC central team that designs, develops and implements consistent operating platforms and solutions for our clients to drive competitive advantage, capacity for growth and product differentiation for CBRE and our clients. The operations support team services a large regional enterprise of over 16,000 people. The purpose of this position is to lead, direct and carry out strategic and tactical ideation and implementation of energy and sustainability initiatives for the region.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Championing global efforts of Sustainability management including standardization, technical leadership and enhancing the performance of all assets towards a ‘Carbon Neutral’, ‘Water Neutral’ and ‘Net Zero Waste’ solution across GWS accounts
- Engaging with Global Sustainability Services to identify and implement sustainable products, processes, best practices and technologies to support the client’s goals of reducing energy, water and waste footprints and for managing the environmental impact of a real estate portfolio.
- Work with the client’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Communications team to assist in the development and implementation of both internal and external sustainability communications.
- Maintain a library of industry research and provide internal reports on sustainability trends;
- Identify and implement a robust digital and technology platform that can measure and monitor sustainability performance across the regional accounts.
- Communicating past, present and future sustainability plans and performance through formal presentations to account team, prospective and current clients;
- Overseeing and directing the monitoring and reporting of energy use and spending trends to ensure consistency across the region/portfolio under management.
- Providing oversight and direction in conducting gap analyses on assurance certification systems like LEED, EDGE, WELL, Green mark, etc.
- Acts as SME (subject matter expert) to assist with GRI, GRESB and other sustainability related certifications
- Developing objectives scope narratives and financial summaries (including payback analysis) in support of sustainability projects
- Enhance training programmes for site-based facility managers and engineers on sustainability opportunities
- Prepare case studies on successful implementation of sustainability projects and publish.
- Publish white papers on sustainability related programs and innovation. Share knowledge with the regional Alliance directors and account leads.
- Create a supply chain exclusively on sustainability service providers with innovative products and solutions. E.g. LED, Solar PV, Organic Waste Convertor, Paper recycler, etc.
- Facilitate partnerships with energy trading / markets companies across the region to provide the best and renewable power purchase agreements for GWS customers.
- Identify M&A opportunities for faster growth of the division.
- Providing energy and sustainability input to new construction and other capital projects.
- Work with client and project management teams to identify opportunities to achieve objectives, create solutions and execute or manage the execution of those solutions.
- Ensure the implementation of life cycle cost evaluation approaches;
To be considered for this role, potential candidates should possess:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the Sustainability field and function;
- Engineering Degree qualified in mechanical or electrical stream with a Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification from reputed bodies.
- ISO lead auditor status on 50001 / 140001 and Carbon foot printing preferred.
- Good working knowledge on the application of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Minimum 6 years of leadership and people management experience and able to provide formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area, as well as coach, develop, and motivate direct and indirect reports;
- Expert level analytical and quantitative skills and proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based, multi-industry sales environment;
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret most complex business documents and to respond effectively to most sensitive issues;
- Strong presentation and communication skills.