Sustainability Manager / Senior Manager (Building Energy)
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 13-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to manage and support the implementation of energy and sustainability initiatives.
- In conjunction with senior management, be responsible for developing and leading the energy and sustainability team to implement new technologies, identify cost savings opportunities, manage initiatives and engage the CBRE platform team on issues related to energy procurement and energy-related capital projects, certifications, renewable/carbon and critical environments.
- Develops and leads business development strategies in relation to sustainability, energy management and certification as service. Supports business development within the wider business
- Provides strategic and technical leadership in the areas of energy and sustainability management and related standard operating procedures, predictive maintenance procedures, customer service & delivery level agreements and the development and review of performance criteria for outside service contracts
- Ensures that global energy and sustainability standards are applied throughout the managed properties.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing cost saving strategies and budgeting for utilities within an account.
- Coordinates energy procurement and implementation of new technologies with the global energy and sustainability platform.
- Develops, updates, communicates and implements energy efficiency standards, water efficiency standards and best in class waste and recycling processes. Manages resource initiatives for all sites/regions/portfolio, as assigned.
- Develops and presents monthly energy and sustainability status and variance reports. Monitors and reports on energy use, water use, waste diversion rates and spending trends.
- Engages team and the global energy and sustainability platform to identify and develop projects. Responsible for formalizing the scope, obtaining quotes, performing project savings analysis and obtaining project approval.
- Collaborates with the global platform on the implementation and management of energy and sustainability projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assists leadership team with site surveys and energy plans at other accounts as appropriate.
- Support activities related to the formal review and unscheduled audit of numerous Strategic Alliance Partners, and external outside service providers to ensure conformance with documented CBRE or Customer policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Communicate past, present and future energy plans and performance through formal presentations to account team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from university.
- Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training. Minimum of four years of managerial experience preferred.
- CEM and LEED accreditation preferred. Training and accreditation part of development and performance management requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.