Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 29-Jan-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to provide layout and design for control systems based on project specifications and/or sales proposal. A Lead Project Designer will be responsible for working with the Solutions Architects to develop a client solution
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates riser diagrams, flow diagrams, material lists, sequence of operations, panel layouts, termination details and schedules.
- Modifies drawings for as-installed project documentation.
- Performs sizing calculations for control valves and dampers.
- Makes product selection based on project estimate, job requirements, regulatory compliance and engineering standards.
- Completes panel check-out.
- Responsible for researching new parts and or pricing for a solution.
- Works in coordination with Solutions Architects and Estimators to develop client solutions.
- Responsible for quality checking the accuracy and detail of the drawings and material list by Project Designers.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert in the UL certification process and standards as well as the requirements of maintaining the UL Certification.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- Mentor and develop others as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design Technology or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HVAC/R or related field preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in a Design or Engineering position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Be able to coordinate and transfer work encountered and results thereof to paper.
- Must possess excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using formulas and algebraic skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Proficient in building automation and a thorough understanding of the companies offerings.
- Be well versed with HVAC application engineering, design, sequences of operation for electrical circuits and schematics.
- Be able to read and understand HVAC/R and process mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc. Knowledge of computer hardware and software including applications with a thorough understanding of basic drawing, CAD layout and concepts.
- Able to work a flexible with schedule, including working some nights and/or holidays when request. Must be willing to travel including at times overnight travel.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.