Purpose of Job
To ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all electrical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV and PDU’s.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Variable Out of Hours Call Out provision to be agreed with Contract Manager
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure up to date reactive logs are kept at all times.
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/ implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Archibus, Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Recognised electrical qualifications essential
- Recognised mechanical qualifications (desirable)
- Knowledge of other building services an advantage
- BMS Knowledge
• Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria. Mechanical maintenance skills