Purpose of the Job
To be a Key member of the Maintenance team, ensuring safe and full operation of Hard Services throughout the account and regional contracts whilst taking consideration for the clients, staff, visitors other service provider’s needs.
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Proactive and Reactive works to all Electrical and mechanical systems in accordance with agreed service levels. Working independently or in a team to complete all maintenance and servicing tasks. To participate as part of an on-call rota for emergency call outs and to be flexible to work overtime.
The engineer must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of plant within a typical office block environment. Experience with HVAC heating systems, Air Handling Units, Hot and cold-water systems including pumps would be advantageous.
The day to day works being undertaken would be to carry out mainly the planned maintenance of the above systems where applicable, however when required the engineer would need to undertake Building Fabric repairs and basic electrical repairs, and to oversee contractors ensuring compliance and job competition.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the sites plant.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and the various client’s staff & Contractors.
- Complete and return job sheets to allow records to be kept up to date. Ensure all tasks issued are completed in agreed SLA times & if there is a risk this cannot be achieved then seek assistance from Supervisors
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Assist Engineering staff in duties as required. These can include low level fabric tasks such as touch up painting, minor electrical tasks – fuses and door maintenance.
- There are call out duties on a weekly rota basis.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
- and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant Electrical Engineering Certifications from a recognized institution.
- Driving license
- Experience in a corporate environment.