CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrician to join the team located in Cwmbran. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out all Electrical and associated requested works as designated and delegated by the Building Fabric / Utilities Services Supervisor and / or Utilities Electrical Team Leader.
• Perform tasks allocated from work order cards
• Carry out Electrical installation works as requested
• Assist in the control and purchasing of maintenance stores
• Carry out planned and corrective electrical maintenance as requested
• Assist general handyman in any reasonable light works requests as may be designated by the line managers
• To be familiar with the site LV electrical distribution systems, their operation and any maintenance that needs to be carried out
• Act as a Witness for commissioning and acceptance tests for all new and maintenance works
• Maintain plant and services to ensure their optimum operational performance in a safe, efficient and economic manner
• Identify where possible, plant and services future defects to ensure operational requirements are maintained
• Supervise subcontracted works and or carry out works for programmed maintenance and new works ensuring all works are carried out to legislative, CBRE 3rd Party procedures and Client quality requirements and recognised standards
• Complete all permits and documentation required to complete the tasks in a safe manor
• Carry out all projects agreed with the client in accordance client procedures, service levels and with legislative, trade and manufactures requirements and standards
• Ensure all site project works are carried out in accordance with good health and safety practice and legislation, manufacturer’s instructions and HVCA and ECA requirements by fully trained and competent persons
• Ensure all specifications comply with CBRE and client service level requirements
• Ensure all sub-contractor personnel are fully inducted to the site and work in compliance with HSE, CBRE and client local procedures
• Ensure all project team members / sub-contractors works are carried out in a safe manner
• Ensure that all information relevant to the clients needs are recorded and discussed with the Building Fabric / Utilities Services Supervisor and / or Utilities Electrical Team Leader at regular meetings
• City & Guilds of London Electrical Installation Work Pt III Course Certificate (or approved equivalent)
• NVQ L3 in Electrical Installation work (or approved equivalent)
• City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition Course
• Strong experience as an Approved Electrician
• Thorough working knowledge of the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, of the current IEE Regulations for Electrical Installations
• Thorough working knowledge of National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry
• Possess practical, productive and electrical engineering skills with adequate technical knowledge
• Ability to set out jobs from drawings and specifications
• Ability to supervise other operatives / 3rd party contractors
• Good and logically decision making skills
• Good personal time management with prioritising skills
• Self motivated
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.