CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Multi Skilled Technician to join the team located in Cambridge.
• Responsibility for all works assigned to them through CAFM, being accountable for the attendance to each task within the SLA and providing any updates in a swift/concise manner, where tasks cannot be completed
• Effectively communicate to the respective team leader and Supervisor, on any tasks that may have a critical or business impact to either CBRE or WTGC
• Utilisation of the mobile working device (PDA), ensuring that all times are captured correctly for each task, alongside providing detailed notes in the comments section
• Act as an escort/guide/supervisor for any contractors coming to site, and on behalf the management team
• Provision of quotes, with all costs for materials, being provided to the Team Leader or Supervisor, ready for submission/approval
• Ensure that all maintenance tasks that are carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems, meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements
• Provision of support, to the Team Leader or other management team members, or in his absence help support in the deputising for the team leader
• Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on fabric issues, electrical systems, heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
• Effective materials management, and helping support the team leader, in managing and maintaining stock levels within the stores
• Undertake an AP/CP role, following suitable training within the relevant trade discipline
• Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
• Physical Fitness, with the ability to lift 20kg through manual handling
• A high level of initiative, in ensuring that proactive maintenance is undertaken or supported
• A smart presentable uniformed appearance, with presenting CBRE in a professional manner
• Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
• Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively to CBRE colleagues, client representatives and key stakeholders
• Must have a recognised Mechanical, Electrical or Building Fabric Qualification, with specialist trade skills dependent on role being undertaken
• Familiarity with safe systems of work
• Multiple years of experience within a Mechanical and Electrical Environment, delivering key building services across a large campus
• A good team worker, and can lead by example and setting standards
• To want to progress and a desire to succeed
• Must be driven by achieving results and continuous improvement
• Remain on site until works are complete, in the event of critical issue
• Flexibility and reasonably attend site, as cover, in the event of other team members absences
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.