CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Manchester. The Electrical Engineer will carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
- Carry out the routine maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet the agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems. Following CBRE Permit to Work and safe systems of work are followed at all times
- Ensure that domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance and reactive works records are kept, and computerised maintenance system is kept up to date.
- Minor ICT works on client equipment.
- Ensure that safe methods of working are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices are adhered to and all requirements are met under the health and safety at work act 1974
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, site operating processes and operate their safe systems of work.
- To assist to develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and client’s staff and project a professional image of CBRE at all times.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE UK Services is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety requirements and able to supervise others on all aspects of day to day health and safety.
- Must hold City and Guilds electrical qualifications or equivalent.
- Must have 17th edition and City and Guilds as a minimum.
- Mechanical qualifications or able to demonstrate good mechanical knowledge.
- Experience in working in critical environments such as data centres or dealing rooms as well as large office environments.
- Team Working and experienced in customer facing situations, good communicator with good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in managing sub-contractors, running permit to work system and being accountable for others safety.
- Flexible working with the ability to manage own workloads with little supervision. Good commercial knowledge and able to take ownership of jobs from cradle to grave.
- Have a good understanding of operation BMS systems and general controls on all types of plant and operating systems
- Must have means to get to site at any time.
- Will be required to step in and cover for Brentford and possibly Birmingham Engineers
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment