Purpose of the Job
CBRE is a leading global provider of integrated facilities services (both hard and soft services or total facilities management) and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical biased site engineer to work in the client’s onshore gas terminals in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria client’s site in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria. You will be the onsite Maintenance Engineer looking after reactive and proactive maintenance.
Electrical biased site engineer required to be part of a team that delivers PPM tasks, reactive tasks & small project works within clients SLA`s. They must be able to work own their own initiative or as part of a team with a desirable knowledge of building fabric tasks. Must be a good communicator and have a flexible approach to work. Willing to undertake on job training as and when required to attain Low Voltage authorised person status. Be proactive and have a good understanding of general building systems.
The role includes the undertaking of small installation works, repairs to building fabric, and basic plumbing & mechanical reactive works as well as being able to respond and attend to site emergencies when required.
Client facing role that involves daily interaction with the site-based customers.
• To ensure the undertaking of regular routine maintenance to building plant, equipment and systems across a portfolio of buildings within the Scotland Central belt region.
• Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
• Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work and Authority to Work systems.
• Ensure that suitable & sufficient electrical spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
• Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are maintained in the form of PPM task sheets.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
• Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE Managed Services staff and client’s staff.
• Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
• Ensure a professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
• Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
• Accountable to the Lead Engineer on site.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
• This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility.
• Accountable for maintaining appropriate stocks of spares and consumables and ensuring their secure storage and controlled issue.
• Formally trained in mechanical and electrical services maintenance.
• 18th Edition electrical regulations.
• Up to date skills & knowledge on building management systems,
• Fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
• Experienced in Building and fabric Repairs.
• Valid UK Driving Licence
• Experience of maintaining plumbed service electrical service and general repairs
• Comprehensive mechanical and electrical engineering experience, undertaking reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
• Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance activities
• Good verbal communication skills
• Organised and with good written English skills
• Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organisational systems and processes.
• PC Literate