Wulanchabu , Mainland China
Date published: 16-Jan-2020
1. The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of electrical operational plant and equipment, and the installed systems.
2. A fully verifiable trade or engineering qualification in an electrical engineering discipline and verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
3. 5 or more years’ experience at Technician/Engineer level in a critical environment.
4. An excellent understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
5. Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure
6. Experience of high, medium & low voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment
7. Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems
8. Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit regular reports and develop procedural documentation and presentations
9. The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programmes aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term