CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Shift Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions Team based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all environmental conditions are maintained with regard to critical building systems. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, CRAC units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
- Ensure that routine PPM’s are carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Make sure all work is carried out to a high standard and to industry practices.
- This role requires an HV qualification and the individual must obtain Authorised Person status to meet contract requirements.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to Shift Manager and the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and the Client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure that all Critical areas that are under the responsibility of CBRE are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance. Ensure permits & Risk Assessments are issued and adhered to.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To remain on site until a full complement of shift persons are present.
- To undertake lone working when and where required
- Ensure that you have an understanding of the business systems, processes and procedures associated to the site as you will be expected to stand in for the shift manager from time to time.
- Ensure your Shift Manager/Engineering Manager is made aware of any absence or lateness as per company process.
- Make sure that your annual leave is requested within the correct timeframes and have the appropriate cover in place as per company process.
- Ensure that emails and job requests and online training are checked at regular intervals and actioned where necessary and completed within timeframes.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s is undertaken.
- To perform any other duties within your skill set as delegated by your Line Manager
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and Mathematical skills.
- Formally trained City & Guilds in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance. Strong skills on Building Management Systems would be an advantage.
- HV Authorised or a valid HV Authorised Person qualification.
- BS7671 2018 18th Edition Regs.
- Experience of maintaining close control humidity & temperature conditioned environments. A good, all round knowledge of Generators, electrical systems, UPS, Chiller Heating & Ventilation / Air Conditioning and building management systems and their methods of control.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good written English skills.
- Physically fit.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Able to work well within a team