Job Title: Maintenance Shift Engineer
Hours of work: 12 hour Continental Shift Rota
Reporting to: Campus Manager
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Maintenance Shift Engineer to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Corsham. The successful candidate will ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems. You will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain the plant in a serviceable order
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the Contract Administrator
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment, to include the wearing of uniform and PPE
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure up to date logs are kept at all times.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance systems, e.g. Cerm View, Remedy, Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance.
- BMS Knowledge.
- Experience (Essential) of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
- Aptitudes good verbal communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Character committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Able to work at heights.
- Circumstances must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.