CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Following considerable growth and significant project wins the Sustainability Consultancy team is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and motivated ESG Programme Manager to steer its future growth and drive the ESG and sustainability agenda for CBRE’s extensive Client network.
Job Title: ESG Programme Manager – Sustainability Consultant / Senior Consultant
Role Purpose: An individual with a background in sustainability/ESG and the built environment, with a passion for collaboration, innovation and driving change. Responsible for managing ESG strategies at a fund/portfolio level, providing a key point of contact to Clients, delivering targets and reporting on key performance indicators.
• Assist in the development, implementation, reporting and evolution of ESG strategies for Clients.
• Responsible for the development, benchmarking, implementation and review of appropriate sustainability objectives, targets and improvement programmes for funds/portfolios.
• Monitor and report on fund/portfolio sustainability performance and progress against sustainability objectives.
• Lead regular catch-up calls/meetings with Clients. Routinely prepare and present at Client meetings to increase sustainability awareness and engagement.
• Provide support and technical advice to all stakeholders to enable them to undertake their roles and responsibilities for sustainability.
• Innovate and lead initiatives to engage and educate tenants/occupiers to increase data coverage and sustainability performance for funds/portfolios.
• Respond to requests for information regarding existing ESG strategy performance from rating and reporting agencies, current or prospective investors and other stakeholders.
• Monitor changes in legislation and best practice to ensure continuing legal compliance and best practice in the UK.
• Provide ESG advice as needed.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change)
• 2+ years professional experience working as an ESG programme manager, sustainability consultant, or similar
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
• Ability to engage and educate a diverse set of stakeholder groups including fund managers, property managers and building managers
• Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
• Proficiency in English
• Proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office and Google Applications
• Experience and willingness presenting at conferences and forums
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.