Job Title: ESG Key Client Lead
Role Purpose: The CBRE Property Management team are seeking an individual with a background in sustainability/ESG and the built environment, with a passion for collaboration, innovation and driving change. Responsible for managing ESG strategies at a fund and asset levels, providing a key point of contact to the Client, PM Leadership, Operational Teams, and Supply Chain delivering against targets and reporting on key performance indicators.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive package
• Lead on the development, implementation, reporting and evolution of the ESG strategy for a key Client.
• Facilitate the development, benchmarking, implementation and ongoing review of appropriate sustainability objectives, targets and improvement programmes at house, fund, and asset level.
• Monitor and report on fund/portfolio sustainability performance and progress against sustainability objectives.
• Lead regular catch-up calls/meetings with the Clients to update on progress. Routinely prepare and present at Client meetings to increase sustainability awareness and engagement.
• Actively engage with Property and Facilities Management Teams to ensure Client requirements are understood and are integrated into day to day delivery against objectives.
• Provide support and technical advice to all stakeholders to enable them to undertake their roles and responsibilities for sustainability.
• Innovate and lead initiatives to engage and educate Property and Facilities Management employees, contractors, and tenants/occupiers to increase data coverage, improve data quality, and improve sustainability performance for assets/funds/portfolios.
• Respond to requests for information regarding existing ESG strategy performance from rating and reporting agencies, current or prospective investors and other stakeholders.
• Work with the Compliance Team to monitor changes in legislation and best practice to ensure continuing legal compliance and best practice in the UK.
• Contribute to the development, implementation, reporting and evolution of ESG strategy for CBRE UK Property Management (PM).
• Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Sustainability, Environmental/Earth Sciences, Responsible Business);
• Professional experience working as an ESG programme manager, sustainability consultant, or similar within the Commercial Real Estate/Built Environment sector;
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident;
• Ability to engage and educate a diverse set of stakeholder groups including ESG specialists, fund managers, property managers, facilities and building managers;
• Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment;
• Proficiency in English;
• Proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office and Google Applications;
• Experience in a range of reporting tools and platforms, e.g. MS Power BI or Tableau; and specific sustainability platforms, e.g. Carbon Desktop, Envizi, or Deepki;
• Experience and willingness to present at conferences and forums.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.