The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate the activities of the customer service center team and ensure that initiatives and programs are aligned with the client's business needs, goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and organizes the activities of customer service representatives (CSR).
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex customer inquires and complaints that are escalated. Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance, training, and development of staff. Conducts performance evaluations and counseling. Responsible for recruiting and hiring new employees within the Call Center environment.
- Motivates and coaches staff towards attaining performance goals, maintaining high productivity, and improving customer satisfaction.
- Develops and implements procedures to improve employee efficiency and ensure smooth operations.
- Creates and analyzes special customer service reports for management and field personnel.
- Oversees workflow and tracking within the database to ensure accuracy and integrity of the system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within a work unit and/or group. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating direct reports. Provides input into hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university required.
- Minimum 5 years experience related to customer service/call center management.
- Call Center management and skills preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products. Experience in decision making abilities with a sense of urgency. Excellent internal and external customer service.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department