EOI - Associate Director, Property Management
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 30-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The key roles and responsibilities for an Associate Director, Property Management in Hong Kong are to:
- Take a lead role in the effective management of Client’s properties, including attending to the effective property management and all other related duties arising in respect of said properties to Client’s best advantage.
- Assist in the marketing of Client’s properties under the Department’s charge, to include monitoring market conditions relevant to all properties, reporting to Client in conjunction with Department reporting obligations, and attending to leasing of vacant premises either directly or other Property Agents, to Client’s best advantage.
- Assist the Head of Property Management in respect of the lease renewal or rent review negotiations that will arise in respect of Client’s portfolios, to Client’s best advantage.
- Assist the Head of Property Management in respect of business development for the Department, including introducing potential business opportunities, and in fostering good relationship with potential Clients.
- Assist the Head of Property Management in the day-to-day management of the Department, supervising property asset management, technical, secretarial and administrative functions of the Department. Further, co-operating with other departments when appropriate in all matters relating to the generation of business and the running of the Department.
- Lead, galvanize, motivate and assist the Department’s directors, managers and officers to work as a cohesive team to achieve revenue and profit targets. This entails effective staff management, i.e. identifying staffing needs, working with People Team on recruitment, staff appraisal, discipline, training, commendation and promotion.
- Support your supervisor in implementing and executing annual business plans and strategy set, Hong Kong and track revenues/expenses to ensure that business targets are met.
- Help supervise the team in executing business development initiatives and other activities in service lines, including: Portfolio Services, Property Management, Tenancy Management/Administration, Facilities Management and Procurement. You should lead, galvanize, motivate and assist staff members to meet clients’ expectations with a high standard of quality.
- Service the needs of existing clients and the general nurturing of client relationships. You are expected to be continually aware of the needs of clients, ensuring your team is providing effective solutions, follow-up and maintaining client contact after completion of projects.
- Ensure that you develop and implement long- and short-term strategies for our clients and partner with our clients to facilitate efficient transitions, maximise revenue opportunities, lower operating costs and providing accurate and timely property accounting and reporting.
- Take responsibility for quality control in the Department. This includes quality control in staff performance as well as products and services. You are expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Nurture staff quality by providing mentoring, advice, supervision and assistance to team members.
- Be watchful of substandard performance from team members and ensure that staff perform to a standard that is consistent with the Company’s stature as a high-quality service provider.
- Identify and implement remedial measures or training to address poor performance.
- Put in place several lines of defence for vetting the accuracy and quality of all offer letters and outbound reports, such as requiring them to be checked by more than one senior executive before their release to clients.
- Nurture staff capability and build a quality team such that the business line is capable of consistently providing high-quality, professional work. You should demonstrate consistent ability to lead and motivate staff to keep abreast of market developments and work as a cohesive team to achieve business line objectives.
- Follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Managing Director - Hong Kong and Director, Asset Services – working as part of a cohesive team to execute and implement business strategies and enhance the profitability of the Company by meeting service quality requirements and corporate standards.
- Lead by example, not only the efficient performance of duties but also compliance to all Company policies, and instructions and standards of conduct.
- Assist with the activities of the Research Department when required to do so.
- In the course of client contact, you should be mindful of sourcing for new business for other departments of the Company as well as your own. You are expected to pass on leads and market information to the relevant department for action, with a view to generating business for the Company.
- Carry out any other assignments or business initiatives as directed by the Managing Director and Head of Property Management.
- Tertiary educated, preferably with a degree in real estate or related discipline
- Holder of professional membership of HKIH or RICS or HKIS preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in the field of property asset management, with over 4 years’ at managerial level
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese.
- A high level of managerial capability, creativity, resourcefulness, interpersonal and communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Client-oriented with a high degree of customer focus.
- Proficiency in a variety of popular computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.