CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an EMEA GWS Data Privacy Associate Legal Director to join the team located in United Kingdom. The successful candidate will be responsible to improve, sustain and facilitate robust, interdisciplinary global programs to address and mitigate personal data privacy risk and execute the CBRE Group’s global data privacy and protection strategy, with focus on CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (“GWS”) business line in the Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) Region.
This individual will be a member of CBRE’s Global Data Privacy Office and work closely with CBRE's EMEA Regional and Country Compliance Officers and Legal teams and serve as the first point of contact for data privacy and protection issues facing the GWS business in the EMEA Region.
• Build, improve and mature CBRE’s global data privacy and protection program to align the global and regional programs with a focus on CBRE’s GWS business line in the EMEA Region
• Advise internal clients on compliance with legal requirements and CBRE’s privacy policies, notices, standards and procedures
• Advise GWS’s Enterprise Global Operations team on privacy risks and remediation
• Identify and implement comprehensive processes and tools to support implementation of data privacy and protection policies, Privacy Impact Assessments, Data Subject Request responses, Privacy by Design and manage customer/employee consents and complaints
• Create, coordinate and deploy privacy training and communications programs through multiple avenues, including in-person training, specifically around operational compliance with the GDPR privacy principles, privacy by design, data subject requests, and cross-border transfers
• Develop a privacy risk mitigation strategic plan for the GWS business in EMEA, and coordinate implementation of that plan with CBRE’s Global Privacy Programme
• Assist with data privacy and protection due diligence relating to mergers and acquisitions
• Monitor the various industry and/or country or region-specific privacy and data protection regulations and legislation understanding the regulatory framework that applies to privacy risk assessment processes, analyse compliance requirements and make recommendations as needed; support the implementation of new requirements into technology or compliance solutions
• Improve and maintain subject matter expertise of local data privacy and protection regulations impacting countries in CBRE's GWS business in EMEA
• Support CBRE’s Legal, Compliance and IT departments with investigations and responses to privacy incidents
• Support the CBRE Privacy Ambassador Network within the GWS business in EMEA, including providing training, privacy by design documentation review, and ad hoc advice and support on privacy matters
• Improve and maintain cross-border data transfer legal frameworks
• Manage, under the supervision of the Legal Director, Data Protection & Privacy – GWS Global, the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports
• Monitor appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources
• A university degree with qualification to practice law in UK or at least one EU jurisdiction required
• Minimum five years’ data privacy experience preferred
• Expertise in EMEA Data Protection Laws and understanding of the GDPR
• Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
• Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.