Bayan Lepas , Malaysia
Date published: 8-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to support and assist in the management of HSE (Environmental Health and Safety) programs relative to a specific account or market area. This role will be on fixed term employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in Managing HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of a client account(s). Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
- Support the process for monitoring injury, illness, and incident related performance within the assigned account, or market area. Support the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Acts as a resource to staff and internal customers as the HSE subject matter expert. Provides direct and timely advise and information to the management responsible for the account, market area, or other assigned area of responsibility in matters related to HSE performance, compliance, trends, and concerns. Provides direct and timely advise and information to the appropriate management in all matters related to HSE performance, compliance, trends, and concerns.
- Assists in overseeing specific HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the assigned account or market area, making certain play books are current, complete, and effectively implemented.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services.
- Responds to customer member concerns regarding HSE matters.
- Establishes work schedules and assign work to staff members.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Relevant Degree is required. Minimum of 3 years of related management experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and facility maintenance and management is preferred.
- Any of the following: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.