Job Title: EHS Coordinator
Reporting to: Contract Manager
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an EHS Coordinator to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Clonee. to support the EHS Manager and oversee all matters involving personnel safety and environmental impact within a Data Centre environment. This individual will work alongside the clients EHS team and local management to develop, implement and support initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics.
- Monitor activities that have the potential to compromise the safety and health of site personnel, as well as contingent workers, contractors and visitors to the Data Center in line with our clients written instructions and policies.
- Monitor activities at the Data Center that have the potential to impact the environment in line with Facebook’s written instructions and policies.
- Prepare and maintain company records according to established company policy and state and local safety and environmental guidelines.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining ISO 90001, 14001, 18001 certifications.
- Conduct facility inspections as required by company policy and governmental permits.
- Implement training plan and deliver all EHS training is completed for all on-site personnel.
- Act as the site representative during all internal and external audits
- Participate in incident investigations, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for all work-related incidents.
- Maintain a current inventory and Safety Data Sheets for all chemical hazards on the property.
- Implement risk management strategies and practices.
- Implement site safety programs such as vendor management, and waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) management. In accordance with company guidelines.
- Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Work with highly confidential information.
- Assist with other supporting activities as required.
- BS Degree in Safety or Health Sciences, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, EPA, State and local laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 standard or environmental management systems.
- Experience working under stress and deadlines.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience learning new applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client, employees, and subcontractors.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
- Ability to communicate programmes/plans and business problems in a non-technical manner.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Able to contribute effectively across all business activities.
- Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- May be required to travel on occasions to support operational delivery and participate in training and business review. Some overnight stays may be required.
- Must be willing to be flexible in their working patterns as needed to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the business.