Key roles and responsibilities for the Director of GWS Projects, Mainland China are:
I. To lead the GWS Projects Business Line in Mainland China, supporting both local business unit initiatives and regional operating platforms. This includes both a traditional agency project management teams as well as development of on account principal contracting.
II. To manage a team of professionals and coordinate a series of service delivery teams which will deliver GWS project management services and interface with the other Business Lines in Mainland China, Greater China and regionally as required.
III. To manage the GWS Project resources, such as project managers, site supervisors and any outsourced third parties, contractors and sub-contractors, throughout Mainland China.
IV. To formulate appropriate procedures, best practice, guidelines and protocols to be implemented upon a consistent basis throughout the GWS Projects Business Line in Mainland China.
V. To work with the Head of Projects, GWS Greater China in relation to the strategic direction of the GWS Projects Business Line in Mainland China and their alignment to the development of the Greater China GWS Projects business.
Essential duties of the Director of Projects, Mainland China are:
· Assist clients to development an overall strategy and manage the delivery of efficient project management solutions driven by Global, APAC and Greater China regional business initiatives and operating platforms.
· Forecast the level of GWS project activity and monitor Mainland China resource requirements; including but not limited to Project Master Schedule, Design & Construction, FF&E Installation, security systems installation and other related activities.
· Monitor overall performance of the GWS Projects teams within Mainland China to ensure successful delivery and business unit satisfaction.
· Maintain strategic and tactical relationships with local business leaders, partners and the Advisory Project Management team to set and manage expectations, build long-term relationships and aid in resolving business unit conflicts.
· Interface and coordinate with the Head of Projects Greater China and the Head of GWS Greater China to monitor, develop and implement a best in class “service delivery model” – that is consistent with the CBRE global vision but which can be adapted for regional requirements.
· Help build cohesive Mainland China GWS Projects teams across all functions within CBRE (Project Management, GWS and Operations).
· Ensure adherence to processes / workflows developed as part of the CBRE “service delivery model”. Any modifications to the delivery model may need to be approved by the Head of Projects, GWS Greater China, the Head of GWS Greater China and the Head of Projects, GWS APAC.
· Ensure timely, cost efficient implementation of real estate projects and solutions.
· Build and lead effective GWS Project Management teams. Ensure consistency with the CBRE GWS Mainland China and GWS Greater China Performance Management Process, and assist with the development of strong leaders within the CBRE global organization.
· Build strong relationships within CBRE on a local, regional and global basis.
· Adhere to established Mainland China GWS Projects expense budgets and capital plans, and assume overall accountability for all project budgets and delivery timelines.
· Monitor and report on a regular basis the business environment and specific project deliverables to the Head of Projects, GWS Greater China, the Head of GWS Greater China and the Head of Projects, GWS APAC.
· Act as the “content expert” for Design and Construction related questions for the Mainland region.
· Ensure accuracy of all related GWS Project Services financial and performance metric data as per contractual reporting requirements for the GWS Mainland China region.
· Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Architecture, Construction, Engineering, Interior Design, Business Administration, Finance or related field, Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience within the region.
· Strong industry and project management knowledge preferred.
· Minimum of 10 year’s operational and practical experience with emphasis on professional services management.
· Demonstrated management skills to manage issues ranging from senior level to administrative.