The role will sit within the Lending team of the Investment Advisory service line. Investment Advisory is a key service line of CBRE Capital Advisors. The team works with institutional, financial and property company clients to develop tailored real asset investment solutions designed to meet their specific business and investment objectives.
The Lending team has a dedicated portfolio of long-term retained debt mandates, enabling it to make loans across multiple lending strategies, including development, refurbishment, value-add, investment and bridge facilities in the commercial and residential sectors, with loans of £5 - £100m and deploys c. £450m annually.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking to make a significant impact within a large financial services advisory group.
The primary role will be sourcing and executing new loan transactions on behalf of the Lending team’s retained lending programmers across multiple strategies. It will offer the opportunity to be a key interface with the capital / investors behind one of the lending strategies.
Origination and transactions
- Involved in originating and completing new lending opportunities for a broad range of lending mandates.
- Negotiating and structuring loans you have originated with borrowers.
- Overseeing due diligence on underlying property, financial dynamics and borrowers.
- Maintaining a network of contacts to source lending opportunities.
Responsibilities for a lending programme
- Key investor contact for one of the lending programmes from our portfolio.
- Building and presenting suitable lending pipeline and influencing which opportunities to lend to.
- Presenting transactions for credit committee approval.
- Responsibilities for adapting lending strategy and building lending pipeline. Once a good relationship with the client has been established, there will be high levels of autonomy to manage these aspects.
Wider lending team opportunities
- Linking with CBRE’s other teams to enable business growth for the wider firm.
- Working with / managing existing team members to execute loans and report to Lender clients.
- Work with Head of Lending on wider business development, including strategic analysis and research into new lending strategies and markets. Involved in presenting these to existing clients and new sources of capital.
Desired technical, skills and experience:
- Experience of real estate lending, e.g. from a bank, debt fund or advisory business.
- Prior experience ideally working in real estate banking, debt funds preferred
- Proven ability to lead transactions from terms through to a successful loan investment.
- Leadership to manage colleagues and supporting advisors on transactions.
- Experience of investment, value add and development finance lending situations.
- Due diligence skills
- Experience of structuring and negotiation of transaction terms.
- Origination across investment and development lending and across all key asset classes (commercial and residential).
- Business development and networking skills.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of loans during their lifecycle.
- Strong credit analysis skills and ability to present transactions to credit committees.
- Able to lead the legal completion of a financing, with support from legal counsel.
- Experience of infrastructure lending or the ESG aspects of real estate would be beneficial, but not essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We are a supporter of family-friendly practices and flexible working.
Work Arrangement - how flexible are we?
We are a supporter of family-friendly practices and flexible working. For the right person, we are happy to be as flexible as we can be. Successful candidate can work a potential blend of home and office working. So please make sure you apply if you think the role will be a good fit and include your preferences for the flexibility you wish to work.