CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Façade Director
• Min. 12 - 15 years’ experience with all aspects of façades/curtain walling, as well as consultancy and management roles
• Detailed knowledge of building construction and façade systems
• Conversant with all mainstream cladding materials
• Conversant with roofs and roofing materials
• Advanced financial literacy including skills and knowledge that will assist with project administration, invoicing, budgeting, forecasting, as well as managing
• Preference for possession of an MSc degree in Façade Engineering from Bath University / UWE or equivalent qualification
• Preference for structural/civil/mechanical engineering or similar background.
• Proven track-record in dealing effectively and professionally with industry professionals and relevant operators within the industry, including Clients, Building Managers, Architects & designers, contractors, manufacturers etc.
• A well-connected individual with very good and established relationships in the industry, the academia and manufacturing sector
• All relevant technical knowledge relating to the role of Director such as but not limited to façade design principles, core façade materials and testing methods
• Quality checks of written work prepared by the team
• Leading a team of talented Façade Consultants, supporting them in the daily work they do and providing advice to ensure high quality output supervising the good operation of the team, allocating resources and ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Mentoring junior members of the team and assisting in their career progression by providing objective advice, appraising their performance and behaviour against company RISE values
• Assisting the Head of Façades in setting the team strategy and growth
• Preparation of quality reports, including Technical Due Diligence reports for property acquisitions, sale or refinancing, PPM etc.
• Very good commercial knowledge to provide fee proposals and budget costs
• Inspections and condition surveys of old and new facades, in existing buildings as well as new build/refurbished construction
Additional Specialist Experience
• Conversant with Real Estate industry consultancy roles, representing various clients such as Landlords, Tenants, Funders etc.
• Strong commercial understanding of costs for labour, materials, remedial projects [ranging from £100k to £25M]
• Tendering experience, interview contractors, liaising with project team [QS, CA, PM] to win projects and take them to completion, within budget and on time
• JCT Contracts experience (Standard, D&B, Minor Works, Maintenance)
• Advanced knowledge of formal Appointments for Consultants, negotiation of such Contracts
• Good knowledge of the insurance market and impact of various insurance policies required for the role
• Other languages (spoken or written) an advantage
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.