CBRE Japan has an exciting new Digital Pursuit Designer role in its Pursuit Management team based in Tokyo.
As a digital designer, you will create highly engaging deliverables in support of the entire pursuit process, utilizing the latest marketing, design, and digital technologies across the entire Japan Advisory business. In support of this, you will exhibit a natural interest in exploring and experimenting with digital communication mediums. You will support the Pursuit Management team and all relevant business lines in driving the quality, consistency, and creativity of CBRE’s business development efforts and key projects, partnering with other shared services where applicable.
As a designer, you will satisfy End User requirements for creative innovation and original design concepts into digital compositions. You will have an experienced eye for detail and the ability to interpret a page visually. You will deliver services from concept to finished artwork, acting as a user interface for design projects when a project manager is not available.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, reliable creative thinker, eager to test new ideas, push boundaries and deliver new capabilities to the team; they possess strong design, technology, and interpersonal skills and are comfortable communicating to stakeholders across the business when needed.
If you are a mature visual communicator with a passion for digital storytelling that supports strategic, client-orientated thinking, and would welcome the opportunity to work on the market’s biggest deals under fast-paced timelines, you will find this role fulfilling.
Samples of our regional design work can be seen at www.behance.net/cbreapac.
- Develop visually compelling, client-centric presentations, proposals, and other marketing deliverables with strong, cohesive themes and structures.
- Research, present and develop innovative pitch techniques that win work.
- Achieve excellence in the quality of output and push the boundaries of what can be achieved using PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other digital and web-based tools.
- Proactively partner with the business to conceptualize key messages from brief to execution.
- Help maintain Pursuit Management’s intranet platform, presentation toolkit, pitch libraries, and other key internal projects.
- Support the Pursuit Design Manager in the development, implementation of and adherence to more efficient workflow processes.
- Provide support to the business when required for the management and operation of photographic/video/360 devices and supporting platforms.
- Integrate photography (including 360°), video, and other digital or web-based technologies into our business development and marketing efforts.
- Inspire others in the business and regularly share ideas with the CBRE community, including participation in calls and webinars, and through the provision of written content.
- Liaise with and manage vendors when required.
- Business-level Japanese and English.
- Mature interpersonal skills with an approachable manner and cultural sensitivity.
- A passion for emerging technologies.
- A robust work ethic and key team player.
- Capable of working calmly and flexibly under pressure despite tight deadlines and changing goal posts; ability to self-manage and prioritize.
- Consistently delivers a superior and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Expertise in and passion for visual storytelling.
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office skills are a must; preferably a PowerPoint “super user”.
- Understanding fundamental graphic typography in both Japanese and English. Advanced design sense and strong typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation.
- Capacity to work flexible hours if required to support critical deadlines.
- At least one year of experience working in a corporate environment.
- Experience creating a broad range of digital deliverables, with a portfolio demonstrating visual design capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience of digital publishing and online tool management.
- Experience in UX/UI, Java, HTML5, app design, AR/VR, and web design strongly desired.
- Experience in photography, 3D object creation, animation, GIS a plus.